LG V40 ThinQ – Hands-on tested

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
LG V40 ThinQ – Hands-on tested

LG Electronics recently announced that it will launch the LG V40 ThinQ in South Africa on 7 February.

It will initially be exclusive to Vodacom and will sell from R599 per month on a Smart XS+ price plan. Without a contract, the device has a recommended retail price of R12,499.

Bobbin

Executive Member
My cheap R2000 phone from 2 years ago still works just fine.

IMO until we see some sort of disruptive innovation in smartphone tech (i.e. foldable tablet, converged form factor or running Win Pro x64 somehow), there is no point in upgrading and wasting the money. No use throwing all this horsepower into such a small device and limited/unproductive OS+ecosystem.

Last edited:

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
My cheap R2000 phone from 2 years ago still works just fine.

IMO until we see some sort of disruptive innovation in smartphone tech (i.e. foldable tablet, converged form factor or running Win Pro x64 somehow), there is no point in upgrading and wasting the money. No use throwing all this horsepower into such a small device and limited/unproductive OS+ecosystem.
Been saying this for years now.. But there are people who just have to have the latest and greatest, even it means a new device gets released 6 months apart. Crazy

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Not sure why the word notch is in inverted commas. At this stage of the game it’s part of everyday vernacular.