LG V40 ThinQ launched in South Africa

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
LG V40 ThinQ launched in South Africa

LG Electronics has announced that it will launch the V40 ThinQ in South Africa on 7 February.

The device will initially be exclusive to Vodacom and will be priced from:

• R599 per month on a Smart XS+ package.
  • Recommended retail price of R12,499.

werny

Expert Member
Nah, stay far away from anything LG makes, have been through many TV's, Monitors and cellphones and they all malfunction after a few months.

Rather get a Samsung or Huawei for that price. Still love my P20 and cannot wait for the P30. :love:

wizardofid

Executive Member
That's a steep price
Compare to 25K odd for the latest Iphone.

Nah, stay far away from anything LG makes, have been through many TV's, Monitors and cellphones and they all malfunction after a few months.
lol Huawei has a display contract with LG. LG PC monitors are some of the most reliable on the market, no issues with the cellphones and TV's are in general pretty good.

ekske1

Executive Member
That's a isheepy price
ftfy, but after my p20 I'm sticking to the 5/6k pricing range.

Rather get a Samsung or Huawei for that price. Still love my P20 and cannot wait for the P30. :love:
Oh really?

My LG monitors [and even goldstar items] have outlasted all my samsungs. The W1952TQ on my desk outlived my s7 edge; replaced by p20 lite after battery and motherboard failure (barely more than 2 years in, in fact 25 months). That was pretty much the same story with my samsung 10.1 2014 tab and 23" samsung lcd (replaced by LG 24GM77).

Bad samsung luck? Maybe. lol.

I'd rather stay far away from anything samsung and rather go bosch, hauwei or lg :p

Last edited:

cool_gi

I have had many LGs. even bought for the family. only the one model gave up on me, and that was a model problem. i was quite pissed off with LG. was pretty prepared to drop them as a brand. but on looking for a new phone Brand New LGS on the second hand market are like half the price of the samsungs. way cheaper than the Huaweis. so the cheepo in me has given in and i went for it. no complaints after a year, well except that i want the newer one now.

Mariuspay

I have a G6. Absolutely no problems.
Great phone. 2 - 3 days battery life. Charges in 30 Mins.

Valerion

Expert Member
I've had a Nexus 5, V20 and now a G7. And a older LG watch. Both my V20 and G7 shipped with an awesome add-on bundle for free. I am overall very happy with my LG devices.

Reactions: Yuu

namzsteve

Expert Member
I have the G7, spent a full day with the V40 a few days back, it feels like the G7, it performs like the G7, the cameras are similar, battery performance is similar. Pretty good device but not worth it if you have the G7, G6 or the V30.

LG is giving the market some good competition.

Reactions: Yuu

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
That is a steep price, but all the LG's I've owned have always given good, constant service with no issues.

They are also one of the manufacturers with the lowest fault percentages compared with amount of units sold.

14 - 15% if I remember correctly.

Whereas a brand like Samsung is over 20%

kyuubi64

Snapdragon 845 for a 2019 flagship, no thanks. Snapdragon 855 or go home.

IOPS

I've had a Nexus 5, V20 and now a G7. And a older LG watch. Both my V20 and G7 shipped with an awesome add-on bundle for free. I am overall very happy with my LG devices.
God I miss the Nexus 5.