Licence disc renewal

DaGenius Pro

My wife and I drove to KZN (Newcastle), from Jo'burg a few days before the lockdown started, because we were expecting a baby at the time and she wanted to be home when the baby comes so she can get all the help we needed from the adults as this is our first baby.
Now we find ourselves in a dilemma whereby we're trying to get our license disc renewed and we are told "We only renew KZN license discs" at the Post Office and with the lockdown restrictions, we can't move back to Jo'burg and get it renewed,

We're yet to try the licensing department, do you think we'll get any sort of help there maybe?
We don't wanna have to change the number plate from GP to KZN or use the online services, those would be our final resort
Lockdown has us really locked down

Reactions: B-1

supersunbird

Honorary Master
My wife and I drove to KZN (Newcastle), from Jo'burg a few days before the lockdown started, because we were expecting a baby at the time and she wanted to be home when the baby comes so she can get all the help we needed from the adults as this is our first baby.
Now we find ourselves in a dilemma whereby we're trying to get our license disc renewed and we are told "We only renew KZN license discs" at the Post Office and with the lockdown restrictions, we can't move back to Jo'burg and get it renewed,

We're yet to try the licensing department, do you think we'll get any sort of help there maybe?
We don't wanna have to change the number plate from GP to KZN or use the online services, those would be our final resort
Lockdown has us really locked down
Download the form as one would have received in the post here https://online.natis.gov.za/#/E1D2 and e-mail it to someone in JHB, let them renew it and courier it to you?

DaGenius Pro

IIRC renewal of these things have been extended to next year due to all this bs and backlogs
So mine expired on the 31st of March and I've been postponing it ever since.
From what I read, the first extension we got, was for people with discs that expired 1 April up to June I think, I haven't received another extension SMS, so I assumed that my deadline is this month-end

Temujin

Executive Member
So mine expired on the 31st of March and I've been postponing it ever since.
From what I read, the first extension we got, was for people with discs that expired 1 April up to June I think, I haven't received another extension SMS, so I assumed that my deadline is this month-end
Seems drivers end november, discs august(?)

Those South African citizens who are abandoned abroad, and the thousands of motorists who have been battling to renew their drivers licences, have been extended to November. Vehicle licences remain valid until the end of August.

or, both now end nov?

Or disc end november, drivers jan?
The Road Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC) last week announced that the validity period of vehicle licences which expired between March 26 and August 31, has been extended to the end of January 2021.

According to the new directive issued, all learner driver licences, driving licence cards, temporary driving licences and professional driving permits that expire during the period that commenced from March 26, 2020, up to and including August 31, 2020, are deemed to be valid and their validity period is extended for a further grace period ending January 31, 2021.

Vehicle licence discs, temporary permits and roadworthy certificates that expire during the period that commenced from March 26, 2020, up to an including May 31, 2020, are valid until August 31, and motor trade number licences that expired during the same period are valid until November 30, 2020.

/shrug fark nose

Last edited:

DaGenius Pro

Seems drivers end november, discs august(?)

or, both now end nov?

Or disc end november, drivers jan?

/shrug fark nose
Very confusing