LiFiMax gives you 100Mbps over light

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
LiFiMax gives you 100Mbps over light

Oledcomm has shown off its latest LiFi solution at CES 2019, called LiFiMax.

The LiFi solution uses light to provide users with an Internet connection, and requires users to have an access point – which is mounted to an office or home ceiling – and a dongle attached to their laptop or other device.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Can we turn the Sun into a access point? :unsure::laugh:

Nuro

Expert Member
I like the idea, but 100Mbps over 29 sqm? That's like a 6 x 5m block at over R12K
Who exactly is the target audience here?

Wasabee!

Executive Member
I'm still waiting on TiSP
Geez, I don't think that Google would pull such a stunt today. It's funny but I don't see them doing something like this today. Imagine the Twitter flak for the below.

Google TiSP (short for Toilet Internet Service Provider) was a fictitious free broadband service supposedly released by Google. This service would make use of a standard toilet and sewage lines to provide free Internet connectivity at a speed of 8 Mbit/s (2 Mbit/s upload) (or up to 32 Mbit/s with a paid plan). The user would drop a weighted end of a long, Google-supplied fiber-optic cable in their toilet and flush it. Around 60 minutes later, the end would be recovered and connected to the Internet by a "Plumbing Hardware Dispatcher (PHD)". The user would then connect their end to a Google-supplied wireless router and run the Google-supplied installation media on a Windows XP or Windows Vista computer ("Mac and Linux support coming soon"). Alternatively, a user could request a professional installation, in which Google would deploy nanobots through the plumbing to complete the process. The free service would be supported by "discreet DNA sequencing" of "personal bodily output" to display online ads that relate to culinary preferences and personal health. Google also referenced the diet coke-and-Mentos reaction in their FAQ: "If you're still experiencing problems, drop eight mints into the bowl and add a two-liter bottle of diet soda." They also claim that Enterprise plans will include support in the event of backup problems, brownouts and data wipes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google_April_Fools'_Day_jokes#Google_TiSP

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Hate to be pedantic (not really) but all radio waves are a form of light. Visible light and radio waves occupy different parts of the same electromagnetic spectrum.