LightSpeed FTTH Stellenberg, Ridgeworth surrounds (Looking for Signups)

XenitXTD

Hey guys,

Anyone living in Stellenberg, Ridgeworth area above tygervalley looking to lightspeed fibre FTTH offerings...

as I have to get 20 people to sign up and i thought i might as well do a canvas and get the whole area surveyed and aware of the fibre availability... and if there are any others interested in helping to get the people on board so that we can get more signups and speed up rollout it would be awesome...

Most of them dont know its available and I am sure they would see the value to their property if we say they will get a fibre connections

PM if anyone is interested.

Hopefully there is someone in my area

I just really wanna get rid of the reliance on telkom.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
20?

When I asked they said 5 in my area.....I hope it hasn't changed.

whatnot

Get some neatly dressed persons with pamphlets to distribute door to door ?

That's how it's done in many neighbourhoods, including some very larney ones, in Holland.

XenitXTD

Yeah apparently you need a 10K investment which is 20 people of 499pm ... It really is gonna be a challenge but instead of just focusing on me i was hoping to push it to the suburb so that we can get more people online as there are those that want it but dont track news on availability... and i am sure anyone would give up telkom or adsl to get a better connection

dualmeister

Honorary Master
You lucky.

They didn't even bother answering my email.

Last edited:

XenitXTD

Well i didnt email them... I phoned... told them My Location asked where the nears fibre line is and what its gonna take to get them to come and install it for me...

So i am +-200meters away (Fibre running down OLD OAK RD)

and i need to get them to see there is enough people interested to come and extend a connection in my direction.

XenitXTD

Am I correct that the cost is R499/month. What else ?

Yes only 499, if you take it contract is free installation... and if you pay 1500 you can go month to month...

the 1500 or free on contract includeds the router you will need to connect so you wont need to purchase that as well...

And they said that at worst you will see 1.5mbps and at best anywhere between 5.5-7.5 mbps true download speed not this telkom 4mbps = 512kbps...

the reason is they cannot gaurantee the contention ratio's yet but over time that will improve but hey 1.5mpbs at worst is still excellent ... for me at least ... and its cheaper than what i currently pay for my 2mb connection that has all this line rental, adsl rental and then finally the actual data... so i really wanna make this happen

Tinuva

The Magician
Hey guys,

Anyone living in Stellenberg, Ridgeworth area above tygervalley looking to lightspeed fibre FTTH offerings...

as I have to get 20 people to sign up and i thought i might as well do a canvas and get the whole area surveyed and aware of the fibre availability... and if there are any others interested in helping to get the people on board so that we can get more signups and speed up rollout it would be awesome...

Most of them dont know its available and I am sure they would see the value to their property if we say they will get a fibre connections

Does this include Stellenridge which is in a triangle with Ridgeworth and Stellenberg?

I literally stay on the corner of old oak + n1, would love to get FTTH.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
I've given up on reasonably priced uncapped Fibre.

Will have to be content with my 4Mbps ADSL for a few more years it seems :(

saturnz

Honorary Master
I've given up on reasonably priced uncapped Fibre.

Will have to be content with my 4Mbps ADSL for a few more years it seems :(

what have you done to date that you have given up?

it took me four years to get what I wanted, and now that I have it I can say with certainty it was worth the effort and patience.

Shard

Its not your whole area, its like a 150m radius,

"Apologies for the delayed response.

For the FTTH service you can work on clients within a 150m radius of the distribution point. The point used was the address provided by yourself.

regards
Riyaaz"

dualmeister

Honorary Master
what have you done to date that you have given up?

Been stuck on 4Mbps for over 5 years.

Telkom finally laid fibre. Should be a good thing right? No.

Telkom.jpg

R999 x 24 months with a 50GB cap? I get through more than that in one week.

Second option, getting someone like Cybersmart involved. Well besides the fact that they do not respond to emails the chances of them rolling out in a Telkom Fibrehood is more than likely zero.

somap2

responses

Hey guys,

Hi

Were you able to get enough people interested in the fibre option? Just saw this post and I live in Ridgeworth and would be interested in moving to fibre.

Regards

Philip

Skurf

Hi

Were you able to get enough people interested in the fibre option? Just saw this post and I live in Ridgeworth and would be interested in moving to fibre.

Regards

Philip

Hi all, what was the outcome of this, as I'm also in Ridgeworth and tired of ADSL congestions.

Cheers

dksaarth

I emailed them about that location and gave them my address - received the below reply:

The location you have enquired about has been deemed viable for Lightspeed fibre. While it is viable, we do not have sufficient demand in your area or proximity to make it feasible, YET.

Please complete and submit an application available at the following link and we will save your details to our database for your location.

http://www.lightspeed.co.za/home_users.php

Once we reach the sufficient number of applications and interest, we will be able to roll-out and will be in touch with you accordingly.

Of course, you can always help to speed up the process by asking your neighbours to sign up as well. Depending on which package you will be taking a certain number of people is required for signing up.

If you choose R899 package you will need at least 12 people to sign up

If you taking the R599 package at least minimum of 17 people will have to sign up.

While if taking the R1500 package you will need at least 7 people to sign up.

I know they offered the R899 package at R599 for pre signups in my previous area - hopefully they will do the same here.

dksaarth

Looks like not much happened on the cyber smart front.

However some people from the local community have been driving interaction with Vumatel to roll out fibre around Durbanville. Due to this they have updated their maps showing potential interest around Durbanville.

Stellenberg appears to have received ~170 expressions of interest (requires street address and email address) since this morning.

Please register interest and lets get fibre rolled out to the neighbourhood!

BuckRogers

Looks like not much happened on the cyber smart front.

However some people from the local community have been driving interaction with Vumatel to roll out fibre around Durbanville. Due to this they have updated their maps showing potential interest around Durbanville.

Stellenberg appears to have received ~170 expressions of interest (requires street address and email address) since this morning.

Please register interest and lets get fibre rolled out to the neighbourhood!

We are on 50% and need another 260 households in the Stellenberg, Ridgeworth, Bloenhof area.
Come on ....