Limpopo official fired over R585-million broadband tender

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator

Limpopo provincial government IT officer Lesetja Mathiba has been suspended by premier Stan Mathabatha after declaring that he would testify about possible corruption in the province.

According to a report by City Press, the suspected corruption is related to a R585-million broadband connection tender, which Mathiba said was awarded in contravention with the State Information Technology Agency (Sita) Act.

Yskasmetnstoof

Limpopo provincial government IT officer Lesetja Mathiba has been suspended by premier Stan Mathabatha after declaring that he would testify about possible corruption in the province.

According to a report by City Press, the suspected corruption is related to a R585-million broadband connection tender, which Mathiba said was awarded in contravention with the State Information Technology Agency (Sita) Act.
Just say "Limpopo dodgy". We'll know.

Sl8er

Executive Member
Slighty off-topic:

This is what people go to sahrc for these days:

Mathiba also lodged a complaint with the SA Human Rights Commission claiming that Limpopo director-general Nape Nchabeleng attacked him during meetings where he disagreed with the tender process.

“During question time, I was the first to raise a hand as I wanted to pose a question,” Mathiba said. “But the director-general said I was not allowed to participate and should not raise my hand because I was the one who went to the media making allegations of fraud and corruption relating to the project.”

“He was, in a way, intimidating, harassing, and victimising me.”

Because:
"My feels."

Rabobi

Honorary Master

Heres Jamie again with his clickbait bullshit incorrect rubbisg fking crap

EasyComs

This smacks of tender fraud

Limpopo Connexion SOC Ltd ???
There does not appear to be a company by this name.
"Limpopo Connexion acting CEO Baldwin Ramasobane" was employed as a surveyor not long ago
There appear to no licenses with ICASA or affiliations with WAPA or WISPA.
This jumbled article is devoid of facts and timelines http://www.brainstormmag.co.za/event/psict/?page=speaker:rammane-baldwin-ramasobane
Does Altech confirm this article in FIN24 ? https://www.fin24.com/Tech/News/big-boost-for-limpopo-broadband-20180216

Feel free to post any ratifiable facts on Limpopo Connexion SOC Ltd OR Baldwin Ramosane that might confirm they/he have relevant experience/ track record or reputation with dates / timelines.

entrepr

Expert Member
Methinks we're missing the story here. From the City Press print article:

Basically the whistleblower is saying he raised the query in 2018. Half a billion rand is going down the tubes (or are they conduits) as we speak and we'll all read about when the money is gone. MyBB should be onto that story and where the cash is going

aleksandar

Limpopo connection does not even have working web site?! So much for IT company.....