Link your PayPal to any South African bank account

surfs-up

Expert Member
I did this several years ago with my standard bank account. I don't recall so many hoops that I had to jump through to get my Paypal account linked to my Standard bank acct, as what FNB are showing

ajax

Executive Member
I'm a Paypal noob. Tried to register, but the site insists I specify a credit card. What if I don't want them to store my credit card details?

cookiemonster

I'm a Paypal noob. Tried to register, but the site insists I specify a credit card. What if I don't want them to store my credit card details?
You use PayPal so you don't have to trust other parties with your credit card details...

ToAsTeD

Expert Member
This is awesome, i thought it only worked with FNB accounts not all banks :)

Jan

Drifting in the black
This is awesome, i thought it only worked with FNB accounts not all banks :)
Yeah FNB just recently opened it up to people at other banks.

I had some trouble getting this to work initially (I'm a special case) and there are some usability issues and glitches, but a good initiative from them.

Speedster

Honorary Master
Wake up peeps, this is to RECEIVE money via PayPal.

My only question is this: if I receive, say, $10 via PayPal, how much R will I be able to withdraw from my Nedbank account (assuming an exchange rate of R8/$)?

Xyber

My only question is this: if I receive, say, $10 via PayPal, how much R will I be able to withdraw from my Nedbank account (assuming an exchange rate of R8/$)?
You will be given a quote when you select to withdraw from paypal and can then choose to go through with it ot not. So whatever is shown on that will be what you get.

It won't be R80 though since there are costs involved in the transfer.

Speedster

Honorary Master
You will be given a quote when you select to withdraw from paypal and can then choose to go through with it ot not. So whatever is shown on that will be what you get.

It won't be R80 though since there are costs involved in the transfer.
Well, that's what I'm trying to find out - what are the costs?

Kameelperdza

re

Is there some member fee or some other fee's that you pay when you have it linked to your account?
I want to buy something from hobbyshop in the usa. It cost $73. Will i have to pay extra costs like taxes etc?

Last year i wanted to but a mini keyboard from china on ebay. I asked someone at absa how payment works, if i can remember correctly they told me that i have to pat R50 on bank fees.

everlastde

Hi Speedster

give me your email....

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Personally I prefer a virtual CC (I use entropay).

I spend quite a bit of time on HN & its insane how many people paypal screws over. e.g. Some charity accepts donations via paypal. Works well. Then paypal goes and freezes the account for a month or 2 due to "suspicious activity"...which completely screws over the charity.

Usually those threads end with one of the local power players putting in a phone call to the right people...because the formal process is useless.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Clearly... because just asking for an email address is always going to work.

Mr_M

Banned
Get a FNB cheque debit card. Link it to your paypal account via the FNB online banking.