Linking PayPal to Standard Bank Account

RVR

Expert Member
I have a verified PayPal but no bank account linked to it (used to use FNB before). I want to transfer some money from standard bank to my PayPal account.

Is it possible to link a standard bank account to PayPal to do this?

Sweevo

Honorary Master
I have a verified PayPal but no bank account linked to it (used to use FNB before). I want to transfer some money from standard bank to my PayPal account.

Is it possible to link a standard bank account to PayPal to do this?
Just use a Visa / Mastercard. Putting money in is easy afaik, getting it out not possible without FNB.

beans100

Executive Member
Create a free FNB Online Banking profile, then you can link to Standard bank in there.

On FNB site, top right, click on Register. Then on next page, clickon "Register for Paypal for non FNB customer"

Last edited:

Sweevo

Honorary Master
Create a free FNB Online Banking profile, then you can link to Standard bank in there.

On FNB site, top right, click on Register. Then on next page, clickon "Register for Paypal for non FNB customer"
Is that really necessary for what the OP wants? I can pay for stuff with Paypal without an FNB account - have been able to do for years.

RVR

Expert Member
Thanks, yeah I don't want to withdraw. Just pay for stuff through PayPal with a card linked. Will try Linking a visa/mastercard. I think I need to verify this card with a code they send

Sweevo

Honorary Master
Thanks, yeah I don't want to withdraw. Just pay for stuff through PayPal with a card linked. Will try Linking a visa/mastercard. I think I need to verify this card with a code they send
Yes, just link your card - before you can use it, they will ask for copies of ID and an image of the card AFAIK. It will take a day or so before it's active, but painless after that.

RVR

Expert Member
Yes, just link your card - before you can use it, they will ask for copies of ID and an image of the card AFAIK. It will take a day or so before it's active, but painless after that.
Took me like 2 minutes, all linked and verified :D

ekske1

Expert Member
* thread necromancy warning *

I have a linked FNB account, but can one do this with the other local banks? ABSA simply pointsone to StandardBank, but I thought by now all the local banks supported this...

SYNERGY

Executive Member
* thread necromancy warning *

I have a linked FNB account, but can one do this with the other local banks? ABSA simply pointsone to StandardBank, but I thought by now all the local banks supported this...

To withdraw, you just need an FNB profile linked to any bank.
To fund the account, just use a credit card?