linking sim card to a telkom account

d.casper.b

How exactly do you link a prepaid sim to a telkom account?
I got a prepaid SIM, got it RICA'd and have the number allocated.

So on the profile the SIM needs to be linked to:
Fill out the info and it gives invalid ID / number combo... ok... why is this? I'm using the ID number used to RICA with....
i'm trying to help someone else to link a sim to their profile, so I got a SIM to try and it does not work.
The store says it's a technical issue and they cannot help. The call center says there is no issue linking numbers...
So, how exactly do you link a prepaid SIM?

Last edited:

d.casper.b

Logged into my profile and it's now automatically there. So, assuming you registered your profile using your ID number, then the SIM will be added after some time if it was RICA'd with the same ID.. This is just an assumption - I've had my profile for many years already, so I don't remember how I registered, but I assume looking at the registration page you give your ID number.
Looks like the staff don't know it's added automatically or something, so I'm just putting this information out here in case it helps someone else.

Totempole

Expert Member
Logged into my profile and it's now automatically there. So, assuming you registered your profile using your ID number, then the SIM will be added after some time if it was RICA'd with the same ID.. This is just an assumption - I've had my profile for many years already, so I don't remember how I registered, but I assume looking at the registration page you give your ID number.
Looks like the staff don't know it's added automatically or something, so I'm just putting this information out here in case it helps someone else.
Was the same with me. All of my Rica'd Telkom sims are automagically added to my Telkom account.

Unfortunately the exception to that rule are Telkom Sims purchased from Axxess or Afrihost. They seem to be processed differently, but at least they have their own portal.