• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Linksys Router

TeriSmo

Hi Guys, Not to sure if this is in the right section so if its not, sorry!

I would like to know if you are able to connect to these wireless ISP's via a linksys router or access point?
eg: Webstorm in DBN.

There installation fees are way to much for an average Joe like me and I work for a IT reseller, which means I can get these linksys product @cost.

I understand you will have to do a signal test and might have to extend or even boost the antenna but I have seen time and time again ppl boosting there signal of there Linksys Router with just a Firmware upgrade..

So am I going to waist my time or is this possible. I have googled this question a few times but all I get is info on ADSL.......

Thank you

skydog

TeriSmo said:
Hi Guys, Not to sure if this is in the right section so if its not, sorry!

I would like to know if you are able to connect to these wireless ISP's via a linksys router or access point?
eg: Webstorm in DBN.

There installation fees are way to much for an average Joe like me and I work for a IT reseller, which means I can get these linksys product @cost.

I understand you will have to do a signal test and might have to extend or even boost the antenna but I have seen time and time again ppl boosting there signal of there Linksys Router with just a Firmware upgrade..

So am I going to waist my time or is this possible. I have googled this question a few times but all I get is info on ADSL.......

Thank you
hehe. dare I start.

TeriSmo. Before I rant PM me or email me if you really want to know.
and in Webstorm and other WISPs defense they have to make money. and yip if you can afford or just think it is a ripoff find an alternative which you doing.
well done

Oh and welcome to the forum.

maybe a Mod can more to WISP forum, debbie2 get cracking and earn your keep ;)