List of Known Fake News Sites in South Africa (and beyond)

I`m going to save this thread and every time my paranoid parents send me some conspiracy theory link then I am going to refer them to this . thank you for this !

The news on SABC is only 10 minutes long anyway. They fill the space between adverts with what passes for news. Always filled with a blubbing personal story, cute animals and no real news. Still adheres to Hlaudhis 60% good news and apartheid gets blamed at least weekly.

So, yes, it's a fake news site.

The news on SABC is only 10 minutes long anyway. They fill the space between adverts with what passes for news. Always filled with a blubbing personal story, cute animals and no real news. Still adheres to Hlaudhis 60% good news and apartheid gets blamed at least weekly.

So, yes, it's a fake news site.
OK, so I missed nothing, just some ANC propaganda - Thanks
Firefox does not like https://www.sabcnews.com/

OK, so I missed nothing, just some ANC propaganda - Thanks
Firefox does not like https://www.sabcnews.com/

I go in with DDG to find this:

Lynne Brown attributes failure of most SOEs to complex governance structures

19 March 2021, 2:40 PM

The former Public Enterprises Minister says she wants to clear her name.
Former Public Enterprise minister, Lynne Brown says Eskom had R180-million debt when she took over the portfolio in 2014 and by the time she was sacked it had ballooned to R260-billion.

Yeah, the woman who gave the contract to supply transformer oil to her hairdresser girlfriend.

LOL :X3: :ROFL: :rolleyes:

How to Spot a Fake News Website

Don't Fall for Fake News Websites

Don't Share Fake News

The following sites are fake news. And I don't mean fake news as in opinionated pieces, I mean actually 100% fake news. Don't fall for manufactured outrage.

SA Based Fake News Sites:

• African News Updates
• blackopinion.co.za
• mzansitimes.com
• Nationalnewsbulletin.com
• News24-TV
• Pretorialive

International Based Fake News Sites: (that are known to publish articles related to SA):

• ab-tc.com [USA]
• Abcnewgo.com [USA]
• AfricaNewsUpdate.com
• AfricanNewsUpdates.com
• AllNews.co.za [USA]
• AllNews1.com [USA]
• AllReport.co.za [USA]
• AllTheNews.co.za [USA]
• ANewJerusalem.com
• BestNews.co.za [USA]
• BreeknuusZA.com [USA]
• CitySun [USA]
• DailySun.fun
• Dodgysaministers.com [Bulgaria]
• GautengPraise.com
• Gossipmillsa.com - Gossip Mill Mzansi [USA]
• hdnews24h.blogspot.com [USA]
• Hinnews.com [USA]
• Hinviral.com [USA]
• iMzansi [USA]
• Live Monitor [USA]
• LiveReport.co.za [USA]
• Lovejessy.com [Ukraine]
• Mzansi LIVE [USA]
• Mzansistories.com [USA]
• Mzansistories.co.za [USA]
• Mzansistories.inf [USA]
• NationalNewsBulletin.com
• News360.co.za [EU]
• Newsatlast.com
• Newsatlastsa.online [USA]
• Newsdaily.co.za [Canada]
• NewSoweto.co.za [USA]
• Newspage.co.za [UK]
• Newsupdatessa.site [USA] and Facebook Page
• NewToilet.xyz [USA]
• Nusa.site [USA]
• Operanewsapp.com [USA]
• Sanews247.blogspot.co.za [USA]
• Sa-news.com [USA]
• Satirenews.co.za [USA]
• Southafricabuzz.co.za [USA]
• South Africa Latest News [UK]
• SouthAfricaToday.net [USA]
• SouthAfricaUncut.com [USA]
• Southern Daily [USA]
• Sultrysource.com [USA]
• TheReports.co.za
• TimesOfBotswana.com
• Timesl1ve.co.za [USA]
• Trendsdaily.co.za [USA]
• Tumfweko.com [USA]
• The-watchdog.wixsite.com [USA]
• ucrtv.com [USA]
• Wmcleaks.com [USA]
• Worldwatch.site [USA]
• Xpouzar.com [USA]
• ZANews.xyz

Please also see the News24 Website Blacklist!

Youtube Channels known to be spreading Fake News or falsehoods:

Loving Life Youtube Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb7VHcbNIOYJW8Q_r1UywMA
https://www.youtube.com/user/scottbgwb

And here is a list of US Sites which post fake US or World News Articles...
http://www.factcheck.org/2017/07/websites-post-fake-satirical-stories/
Interesting but what I would really love to know is just who decides if its fake or not ? What qualifies such a person /persons what is their modus operandi under who's authority are they / Just wandering

Interesting but what I would really love to know is just who decides if its fake or not ? What qualifies such a person /persons what is their modus operandi under who's authority are they / Just wandering
It appears, on one side, as though there is a short list of superficial cues/indicators used to flag a reliable information source.

No critical thinking skills are required. No consideration of what dissidents might reply to the given narrative, has any bearing or ability to change one's viewpoint.

It's as though, to them, whatever you look at you are powerless to avoid becoming a convert to/of. Therefore you have to know upfront what is safe to look at. Otherwise you could become a victim of fake/dis-information.

Typically a person is not at home. There is no observer, with responsibility for analysing the arguments presented. There is only a biological collection of stimulous response cells, vulnerable to whatever it/they are exposed to.

I'll leave you to decide which side I'm referring to (censorship being a favorite tool).

I go in with DDG to find this:

Lynne Brown attributes failure of most SOEs to complex governance structures

19 March 2021, 2:40 PM

The former Public Enterprises Minister says she wants to clear her name.
Former Public Enterprise minister, Lynne Brown says Eskom had R180-million debt when she took over the portfolio in 2014 and by the time she was sacked it had ballooned to R260-billion.

Yeah, the woman who gave the contract to supply transformer oil to her hairdresser girlfriend.
She looks like she doesn’t have front teeth.

It's simple.... Is it true or not?
Yes therein lies the dilemma. In order to know if it is true or not there has to be proof, undeniable proof. When trying to understand fake news or misinformation or disinformation it becomes very complex. Unless one is prepared to do research and I mean proper research one can eventually get to the truth. But if the propaganda has been widely spread and especially if it comes from main stream media, and/or by the government of the day, people will just accept it as been truthful and just follow like sheep. The pschycology behind the acceptance of propaganda type news is well documented. The human can be very gullible because in the main, humans want to comply, so it becomes easier for them if it is widespread and the narrative is deliberately repeated over and over and the most effective way is through the use of fear. If one has to believe the pschycology behind it which appears to demonstrate that in any population, people can be divided into three simplistic basic groups. About 30% will accept blindly about 40% will sit on the fence but if threatened in any way they will side with the first 30% and then there is the last 30% who won't just accept the fake news/misinformation/disinformation without understanding the motives, without the proof or evidence. Fortunately for these last 30% the truth will finally prevail

Yes therein lies the dilemma. In order to know if it is true or not there has to be proof, undeniable proof. When trying to understand fake news or misinformation or disinformation it becomes very complex. Unless one is prepared to do research and I mean proper research one can eventually get to the truth. But if the propaganda has been widely spread and especially if it comes from main stream media, and/or by the government of the day, people will just accept it as been truthful and just follow like sheep. The pschycology behind the acceptance of propaganda type news is well documented. The human can be very gullible because in the main, humans want to comply, so it becomes easier for them if it is widespread and the narrative is deliberately repeated over and over and the most effective way is through the use of fear. If one has to believe the pschycology behind it which appears to demonstrate that in any population, people can be divided into three simplistic basic groups. About 30% will accept blindly about 40% will sit on the fence but if threatened in any way they will side with the first 30% and then there is the last 30% who won't just accept the fake news/misinformation/disinformation without understanding the motives, without the proof or evidence. Fortunately for these last 30% the truth will finally prevail
Sounds like conspiracy nonsense to me.

In a Law of the Jungle society, truth is what the most forceful say it is. The authoritarian chief.

In a society transitioned from Law of the Jungle to P4(legal protection of privacy of person and property), truth is a market phenomenon.

That is to say you no longer look to an authoritarian chief, to determine what is true for you. You are responsible as an adult consumer to do due diligence, and to mitigate for risk. There is zero safety net, in this post Law of the Jungle society, for socializing your bad decisions and errors in judgement. Only charity which is voluntarily given, to make up for your lack of due diligence, is legally permissible.

As to which one we are living in, now, a Welfare-Warfare (Interventionist)State is one which merely pretends you are living in the latter, and can only pretend for so long before their backs are to the wall and they are found out for the charlatans that they are, as supposedly offering insights from alleged experts.

I mean, who would have thought that given the opportunity to confiscate honestly earned wealth, take a fat cut before distributing most of the remainder to your friends would attract and sustain the most capable conmen in society.

Science fiction I tell you /s

A good tool to use on media bias and perspective,
media-navigator-spr-2022.png

A lot of what is called fake is often just geopolitically unpopular.

A good tool to use on media bias and perspective,
media-navigator-spr-2022.png

A lot of what is called fake is often just geopolitically unpopular.
Where would you slot in some of the better known SA media outlets?

News24: column1, row1

Back