List of Xbox Series X tech specs

GlassMirror

Expert Member
So apparently the Xbox Series X will be capable of 120fps @1080p and 60fps @4K rez. I couldn't help but laugh at the point in the article where it mentioned that "In short, that means a console vastly superior to anything on the market (including the 6TF Xbox One X) and potentially surpassing the GeForce RTX 2080 Super PC card"
What do you all think of the new Xbox, especially those like me who recently just built new systems or upgraded

windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-specs

cguy

Executive Member
So apparently the Xbox Series X will be capable of 120fps @1080p and 60fps @4K rez. I couldn't help but laugh at the point in the article where it mentioned that "In short, that means a console vastly superior to anything on the market (including the 6TF Xbox One X) and potentially surpassing the GeForce RTX 2080 Super PC card"
What do you all think of the new Xbox, especially those like me who recently just built new systems or upgraded

windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-specs
??? I think you may have read it incorrectly. What is so off about their claims?

Hectic

Executive Member
At the moment I'm liking what I see. I normally tend to lean more towards PS, but currently I I'm also enjoying the XBox X. I do like the Game Pass setup.

Obviously everybody is still waiting for the price. SSD size and how we will be able to expand storage will be a big thing. I think console players will be lucky if Sony or Ms will have 1TB drives and that will be too small pretty quickly. COD is currently 148GB on the XBox for me and games will only get bigger. At the moment it is cheap and easy to expand hdd space.

So price point, how big the SSDs are and how storage expansion will be handled (proprietory slots, etc) will play a roll for me.

These new Gen machines are a big leap for consoles, but they must last about 7 years or about 3 years if you are prepared to buy another version of the PS5 or Xbox Series X. They might initially be comparable with some pc's, but not for too long.

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
I think both consoles coming will be amazing hardware, But i think whomever uses the biggest SSD will probably do better.
i hope its the PS5 though. lol
Nah I doubt it will come down to SSD size (or even speed)...
It will be all about the pricing and the library of games.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Nah I doubt it will come down to SSD size (or even speed)...
It will be all about the pricing and the library of games.
Oh yes, i forgot to mention pricing... that too yes.

But i think the SSD size factor will influence alot of players.
Also games are each to their own really..

Forza vs Gran turismo
Halo vs you get the picture really.

Imagine a 2th SSD included and price is actually decent.
Apposed to SSD (250gig- 1tb) thats got great hardware but the cost is bonkers

mr_norris

Expert Member
So apparently the Xbox Series X will be capable of 120fps @1080p and 60fps @4K rez.
Capable of means developers will be able to target up to those frame rates at those resolutions. There is no guarantee, nor does MS claim anything here.
potentially surpassing the GeForce RTX 2080 Super PC card
The keyword here is "potentially".

MS don't really lead anyone on in their blog post, which is where the DF video and that article source their info. Something pretty obvious is the blog post doesn't give everything away. So take what others say with a pinch of salt.

It looks like it's going to be a great console for what you get. The thing is a beast.

GlassMirror

Expert Member
??? I think you may have read it incorrectly. What is so off about their claims?
Well considering that the RTX 2080Ti is only up to about 10 TF......it just makes me a little bit suspicious, but I welcome the large generational leap that we're experiencing for gaming.

At the moment I'm liking what I see. I normally tend to lean more towards PS, but currently I I'm also enjoying the XBox X. I do like the Game Pass setup.

Obviously everybody is still waiting for the price. SSD size and how we will be able to expand storage will be a big thing. I think console players will be lucky if Sony or Ms will have 1TB drives and that will be too small pretty quickly. COD is currently 148GB on the XBox for me and games will only get bigger. At the moment it is cheap and easy to expand hdd space.

So price point, how big the SSDs are and how storage expansion will be handled (proprietory slots, etc) will play a roll for me.

These new Gen machines are a big leap for consoles, but they must last about 7 years or about 3 years if you are prepared to buy another version of the PS5 or Xbox Series X. They might initially be comparable with some pc's, but not for too long.
Exactly especially with NVIDIA readying the new 3000 Ampere series GPU's I expect that gap to be closed soon and plus the 2000 series GPU's will see a massive drop in price once these are released.

Then we have the PS5, I'm eagerly awaiting the release of this one because they've been quite mum on anything about it so far