Lithium Car Battery retailer SA ?

Exactly. Which brings me to the Topping it up business. OP has failed to say what car it is. I suspect that is because he has modded it and the battery is no longer in its proper location. But we can't know that for sure. From this thread, all we know is the OP wants a ridiculously expensive battery whose cost far outweighs replacement of the current battery and finding the parasite.

Exactly. My suspicion here is that an aftermarket sound system with all the bells and whistles has been fitted. In my (admittedly limited) experience , these take a direct red from the battery (supposedly with at least an inline fuse) and the red is seldom properly harnessed and can sometimes be subject to wear and tear against the firewall where possibly the grommet has perished. OP would be far better off making sure that there is no parasite before pouring a fückton of cash into another battery that will fail.
Just glad you were taking the piss. You had me worried for a second. I was thinking, no way Gregory can be this daft :D

OP is just being retarded.

Simple as that... Who the fark charges their car battery daily to make sure it doesn't lose charge over night, or even charges their battery inside the car? Geesus :D

Just glad you were taking the piss. You had me worried for a second. I was thinking, no way Gregory can be this daft :D
So last night, before going out, I got home from work and rolled myself a fattie and stumbled onto this thread. When I read that business about topping it up, I pissed myself. I desperately wanted to be part of the action. I blame myself. But I think OP is serious. And the point you made stands: if it has a back battery and it is not a merc or beamer, what is it? A chrysler neon? Or some P.o.S. And you had it spot on - 20k for a 40k car. OP needs to find and fix the cause and not the symptom.

pos.png

Zuner

Expert Member
Exactly. Which brings me to the Topping it up business. OP has failed to say what car it is. I suspect that is because he has modded it and the battery is no longer in its proper location. But we can't know that for sure. From this thread, all we know is the OP wants a ridiculously expensive battery whose cost far outweighs replacement of the current battery and finding the parasite.

Exactly. My suspicion here is that an aftermarket sound system with all the bells and whistles has been fitted. In my (admittedly limited) experience , these take a direct red from the battery (supposedly with at least an inline fuse) and the red is seldom properly harnessed and can sometimes be subject to wear and tear against the firewall where possibly the grommet has perished. OP would be far better off making sure that there is no parasite before pouring a fückton of cash into another battery that will fail.
Thank f**k you were trolling, I almost lost my mind.

falcon786

Executive Member
Reading this thread I couldn't be so sure.
A thread like this shouldn't even exist.
Some people like to complicate their lives.

I'm a huge Lithium ion fan but really I see absolutely no point in using it to start a Petrol/Diesel car or modifying one to use these batteries at current prices.

These normal old school jobbies usually last me between 5 to 12 years without problems,no float charging nonsense involved.Period.

Zuner

Expert Member
Some people like to complicate their lives.

I'm a huge Lithium ion fan but really I see absolutely no point in using it to start a Petrol/Diesel car or modifying one to use these batteries at current prices.

These normal old school jobbies usually last me between 5 to 12 years without problems,no float charging nonsense involved.Period.
Same here, lithium ion/polymer are great, many things to like.
I've got one of those power banks that can jump a car, awesome stuff.
But lithium is not suited in this case.

The_Traveller

Expert Member
I call it a Lion because I am so passionate about it. Any idiot can use the science name - it takes a real fan to use a term of endearment. Ion like a Li-ion in Zion. This is what I mean about you squares man. 10 yrs vs the six months normal batteries give you. Of course you gotta go Lion.
Shame , you must be a special case of tard to think a lead acid only lasts 6 months...Lion ...idi0t