Live Trackers & Statistics (COVID-19)

Iwojima

Expert Member
Which of these trackers gives a detailed breakdown of infections, deaths and recoveries per age demographic (for SA)?

RedViking

Nord of the South
Official Western Cape Dashboard

1588774446888.png

RedViking

Nord of the South
Which of these trackers gives a detailed breakdown of infections, deaths and recoveries per age demographic (for SA)?
Does this help?
1588774857565.png

and this one:

1588774819021.png

Iwojima

Expert Member
Does this help?
Unfortunately not. I was looking for specifics regarding the ages of those infected/recovered/dead. It seems to be available in other countries but not here.

e.g 47% of the dead are between 60-69 or 10% of the infected are over the age of 20, etc etc

Last edited:

Grant

Honorary Master
Unfortunately not. I was looking for specifics regarding the ages of those infected/recovered/dead. It seems to be available in other countries but not here.

e.g 47% of the dead are between 60-69 or 10% of the infected are over the age of 20, etc etc
Screenshot_20200506_212903.jpg

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I get scared when I look at these statistics
Why? They are just numbers. Thousand of people die every day. Most of the stats available do not show the only number that really counts and that is the excess deaths over the norm, which might then be attributable to Covid 19.

markings

Expert Member
Why? They are just numbers. Thousand of people die every day. Most of the stats available do not show the only number that really counts and that is the excess deaths over the norm, which might then be attributable to Covid 19.
And reporting totals is now of academic and fear mongering interest only.
We should have weekly figures rolling over 1 to maybe 6 weeks. Number of tests, new per day/week, active cases broken down into at home/quarantine, hospitalized, in ICU, on ventilators, recovered.

RedViking

Nord of the South

chrisc

Executive Member
Is there a website where you can view hotspots within a metropolitan area, ie Cape Town?

Not just by area, but an actual map displaying hotspots?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Is there a website where you can view hotspots within a metropolitan area, ie Cape Town?

Not just by area, but an actual map displaying hotspots?
I am sure such a map exists based on the data captured by the CSIR. The problem is however that data is NOT currently available to the public.
The only glimpse we had of what could be possible was the propensity "heat map" that we saw for a while in the Welkom area which was actually one for the whole country. Unfortunately, the data is no longer dynamically updating on that site.

Reactions: Yuu

Gozado

Comparison of Countries, in the Financial Times. Seems to be updated daily or nearly daily

New deaths attributed to Covid-19 in United States, Sweden, Germany, United Kingdom and Brazil (and many other countries, drag mouse).
Seven-day rolling average of new deaths (per million), by number of days since 0.1 average deaths (per million) first recorded.