Liverpool FC supporters thread - 2017/18 Season

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
I honestly think JK needs to find a new RB as this kid needs to move into midfield
Why? JK has built the team around the FB's supplying the front three with the midfield doing most of the donkey work that other teams have their FB's doing - Trent has more goals and assists in the Klopp version of what a FB should be than many other midfielders.

If he was playing in some other team I'd agree with you, but not in this team

akescpt

Honorary Master
Leicester need to kick on. They running vital interference at the moment. Ultimately I think city are the challengers but the longer Leicester can do well the longer city must focus on more than just us.

superskully

Expert Member
Why? JK has built the team around the FB's supplying the front three with the midfield doing most of the donkey work that other teams have their FB's doing - Trent has more goals and assists in the Klopp version of what a FB should be than many other midfielders.

If he was playing in some other team I'd agree with you, but not in this team
Would you play De Bruyne or Gerrard at right back?
I understand your point though

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Would you play De Bruyne or Gerrard at right back?
I understand your point though

I know what you're getting at. That said, Klopp knows what he's doing with Trent (and Gomez, Salah, Firmino, Fabinho, Keita, and, and, and....)

CAPS LOCK

Executive Member
We need 45 points from the potential 60 available to mathematically shut the EPL door. On the assumption Leicester win every game and we are not docked points.

That means we have 5 losses in the bank, heaven forbid, and would still render it theoretically impossibly for others. Just shows how much our boys have busted their nuts the first half of this season. May it continue.

Of course, I'm not counting chickens. Merely illustrating the task at hand. I'm rather lay in wait for that fat lady...

msquared

Expert Member
dc6a7db1be75d0e774df7a5829cfe830.jpg

superskully

Expert Member
Conor Coady, we should have had a buy back option on him.
I have to admit, the stars of the team seem more and more like the midfield and defense.
Well balanced team

KOPITE

Executive Member
Some transfer news

thumb_red-dog-695024538.jpg
{Ed002's Note - I cannot answer about the timings of transfers but can tell you where I know of some level of interest.

I expect the needs will be for: CB, LM, CM/AM

I would expect Liverpool to look at the midfield next summer and still look to a LM and again an AM - they are two positions where there could be improvement. I suspect that a CB may well need to be added but that assuming Lovren or someone else leaves. Liverpool may look to bolster the HG quota and have looked at Dael Fry (CB), Ben White (CB) and Ben Godfrey (CB). Much will depend on youngsters developing and how Gomez does - assuming Lovren is leaving.

Dael Fry (CB) Liverpool has a declared interest in Fry as they look to bolster the HG quota - knowing that prices will increase - much is expected of Fry
Ben Godfrey (CB) - another HG option to Fry
Ben White (CB) another option to Fry

Mathieu Goncalves (LB) Toulouse say they have spoken with Juventus over the player but it has been suggested that Liverpool will look to him at the expense of Larouci, which would be a shame as he is well thought of.

Klopp apparently remains keen on Sander Berge (DM) but it is difficult to see how he would get regular game time with Fabinho in the side. Napoli and Fiorentina are both keen and West Ham see him as a replacement for Declan Rice if he were to leave.

Piotr Zielinski (CM/LM) speculative but Klopp has had interest for some time and he will be one of the Napoli players made available - but would expect to be a starter and is expected to be given a significant increase in wages to stay at Napoli.

Kai Havertz (AM) Bayern Munich will likely move for KH if the option on Philippe Coutinho not taken up, but interest from elsewhere - particularly Barcelona (if Coutinho leaves), Manchester City (as a David Silva replacement) and Juventus. Interest of Milan will likely not go anywhere. Dortmund and PSG have both certainly spoken with his agent. Numerous other clubs have had scouts watch including Manchester United, Chelsea and Real Madrid who have watched him on a number of occasions but either don't see the value in the price now or have other targets (where Chelsea and Real Madrid are concerned). Whether Liverpool wish to throw their hat in to the ring is another matter.

Bild wrote an article citing interest from Manchester United, Manchester City, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid - and then went on to write another saying Manchester United and Manchester City have spoken directly with the player - which they have not. Somewhere down the line an English paper added Liverpool as one of these clubs. Right now, Liverpool has not made any approach to Bayer Leverkusen regarding the player.

The reality is that all four clubs want an AM player - and he is Bayern's preferred recourse assuming they decide not to take up the option on Coutinho. Manchester United are looking for an AM player and have been baulking at the price being asked for Bruno Fernandes (AM) and have not lost sight of Christian Eriksen (AM). They have certainly looked at him, but I am not aware of more than that and I am sure they have not spoken with the player directly. Real Madrid are also looking for an AM player and have been attracted by the low-cost option of Eriksen. Finally, Manchester United do have the need to replace David Silva but it would be a very significant investment in a youngster.}

Filip Stevanovic (LW/AM) Partizan Belgrade kiddie who has been watched by Spurs, Borussia Dortmund, Torino, Liverpool, Lazio, Atlanta, Herta Berlin, Werder Bremen and Southampton. And I suspect others. Unlikely to leave until 2021.

Mohammed Daramy (F) kiddie has been looked at and might be seen as a replacement for Liam Miller (F) who has no future at Liverpool and will leave.

Aside from that it is critical that Liverpool identify if any senior players are looking to leave - the more notice they have of that the better the opportunity to plan.
Amine Harit (AM) is having a decent season but I am not aware of interest of Liverpool but they have sxouted Schalke matches. He would be effectively a like-for-like replacement for Shakiri and he would likely get around the same amount of opportunities. He will be 21 or so now and I would expect a drop to the bench would not be attractive for a player who is playing regularly at a good level. He has turned down clubs in the past as it would stagnate. It makes no sense for the player or the club. And bringing in non-HG players to pad out the squad makes no sense either. Signed a new contract to fend off interest from elsewhere.
Takumi Minamino (RW/F) Augsburg were keen in the summer and at one time Everton and Dynamo Moscow had scouts look at Takumi Minamino. Will join in January.
Bilel Hassaini (RW) was looked at several times last season but is in a state of flux right now and you can likely forget him.

Thomas Muller (F) is miffed because he has been on the bench but Bayern Munich will not sell him without a replacement and there is nothing to indicate that he will be available in January. Additionally, he would I assume be a Firmino replacement if he were to join.

It has been suggested that Liverpool will look to David Neres (LW/RW) although I am not aware of any approach from Liverpool - if they were to declare interest it would likely be at the expense of Salah. Neres is liked by a number of sides but he has a reputation for sometimes going missing and being rather moody.}. As for Salah, I am aware that he and his agent are aware that they have put themselves in a difficult position with financial demands which saw them laughed out of Madrid and approaches to other sides came to nothing - regardless, Liverpool is probably the best place for Salah to be biding his time right now. The efforts to boost his profile will no doubt continue, and he will doubtless be holidaying with a professional photographer again and be seen kissing babies and rescuing swooning girls with twisted ankles from being eaten by bears. But these efforts to sell him as the new Real Madrid poster boy may come to nothing as they have a first-choice forward target for next summer. So right now, it is hard to say where he could potentially move to unless things change - and they always do. In terms of a replacement, the player Klopp has made no secret of his desire to work with is Lorenzo Insigne but I suspect age is against that ever happening. So if someone were to push me in to saying who would be the best fit if Salah were to leave next summer, I would say Federico Chiesa. He would be a direct replacement, has similar attributes to Salah, is you, liked by Klopp and, although Liverpool have shown no interest, will be sold next summer - assuming Fiorentina can fight off Inter this summer.

Victor Osimhen (S/F) One particular Liverpool scout is pressing for the club to sign him. Barcelona have also shown an interest, but they have a financial issue to solve first - he only joined in the summer and Lille will resist any January bids - and it is hard to see why the player would consider a career on the bench. Spurs have looked at him and spoken with his agent. A senior Chelsea scout has also been watching the player who could be seen as an option to their primary striker target - but their need is for January rather than the summer. There was serious interest from Arsenal when he was much younger, but he opted for Wolfsburg.

Erling Haaland (S) There was no Liverpool interest.

Outbound:
Devan Lovren (CB) perhaps in the summer
Nathaniel Phillips (CB) should be headed back to Stuttgart on loanLiam Millar (F) - a youngster who will suffer the same fate as most of the youngsters at Liverpool
Allan (CM) should be joining Flumenense after discussions in Brazil but there is a counter-offer from Atletico Mineiro
Adam Lallana (LM, AM, CM) I think time has come
James Milner (M/W) perhaps
Rhian Brewster (S) loan to Swansea

KOPITE

Executive Member
When was that written?

Millie just signed 'till '22, Dejan's signed up to '21 and I don't see Adam going anywhere right now.
29 Dec. I think Lovren and Millie wants 1st team football I guess and the reason to maybe leave. Just my opinion.