Liverpool FC supporters thread - 2017/18 Season

akescpt

Honorary Master
New System not clicking so far. we looking crappy so far. Not enough from midfield.

superskully

Expert Member
For me we have lost the pressing and the defense is sitting back. Seems we scared of the ball over the top and hence staying back a bit, hence midfield cant press.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Good results this weekend

We won

Everton lost and had another sent off

City, Chelsea, United all drop 2 points

greg0205

Honorary Master
Top over Xmas...?????

City and Leicester before we even get to December. City's away and that's tricky... Oh and there's West Ham and Brighton in November too

Wolves, Fulham, Spurs and Palace before the 25th... Spurs come to our house, so yeah, I like those December games.

Top at Christmas? Very doable.

B@rrels

Expert Member
City and Leicester before we even get to December. City's away and that's tricky... Oh and there's West Ham and Brighton in November too

Wolves, Fulham, Spurs and Palace before the 25th... Spurs come to our house, so yeah, I like those December games.

Top at Christmas? Very doable.
Doable but will be tense the way the games are going..

greg0205

Honorary Master
Doable but will be tense the way the games are going..

Well, yeah.

For one, empty stadiums make a huge difference and two, we're not going to be pressing as high 'till the back four are a little more settled.

I can't stress enough what a difference *not* having Virg at the back will make for the next couple of games.

Thank god Ali's back 'tho.

superskully

Expert Member
Can't rate Minamino, he just looks out of his depth. Firminho came on, then missed an easy chance, then lost the ball in our half which resulted in a chance where they should have scored.

KOPITE

Executive Member
Might just have fainted for a few seconds after that Jota goal.

It was glorious.
Our bench is coming to the party, albeit thin. Klopp showing faith in the young guns and good to see. Hopefully Fab coming back soon. It's not a serious injury and will be back after internationals

greg0205

Honorary Master
Our bench is coming to the party, albeit thin. Klopp showing faith in the young guns and good to see. Hopefully Fab coming back soon. It's not a serious injury and will be back after internationals

Phillips was so impressive today. Recon if he and Joe can hold the fort 'till Joel is fit again, I'll start feeling better about a season without Virg.

Fab, Thiago, Naby, Ox and Tsimikas still to come back, but Shaq was sharp tonight... That through-ball was not of this world.

fishfly

Honorary Master
Phillips was so impressive today. Recon if he and Joe can hold the fort 'till Joel is fit again, I'll start feeling better about a season without Virg.

Fab, Thiago, Naby, Ox and Tsimikas still to come back, but Shaq was sharp tonight... That through-ball was not of this world.
That through ball was intended for Mane... in a offside position :D

fishfly

Honorary Master
Not discrediting the goal but this was exactly what I was pointing out about the rules whereby the player in an offside position creates confusion - looking at it from this view:

1604178690961.png
That to me the keeper would be thinking oh crap the ball was passed to Mane - thinking he is offside raise hand to ask -
in comparison to Arsenal's goal that was ruled out last week this one the keeper has more of a case to complain he was unsighted by Mane who was in a offside position receiving the ball but instead Jota who was onside rushing to the ball

greg0205

Honorary Master
Not discrediting the goal but this was exactly what I was pointing out about the rules whereby the player in an offside position creates confusion - looking at it from this view:

View attachment 944014
That to me the keeper would be thinking oh crap the ball was passed to Mane - thinking he is offside raise hand to ask -
in comparison to Arsenal's goal that was ruled out last week this one the keeper has more of a case to complain he was unsighted by Mane who was in a offside position receiving the ball but instead Jota who was onside rushing to the ball

I get where you're coming from, but in this case I'd argue Fabianski has a clear line of sight to Shaq and the pass, and if he's not aware of the angry Portuguese man, who's just had a goal overruled by VAR, charging directly at him, well then that's on him.

fishfly

Honorary Master
Sorry seems like I'm posting the wrong discussion in the wrong section - should have been in the banter thread