Liverpool FC supporters thread - 2017/18 Season

akescpt

Honorary Master
Injuries biting us hard

Yep. Can’t seem to raise the temp0 to at all. The lack of recovery time also kicking us hard.

Liverpool leading the league with -5 on VAR.

It’s sport so unpredictable. But **** man. Three incidents in one game. Bit much to take. For me anyway. Really pissed. VAR sê moer.

And after the demolition job last week this is a bitter pill to swallow.

superskully

Expert Member
The penalty was ridiculous, I mean cmon epl, your rules are killing the game. Such a small touch, after all the grabbing and pushing...
Saying that, team don't have the depth and legs.
Need to get rid of the injury prone players, ox, Keita, Shaq....

L-Dog

Expert Member
The penalty was ridiculous, I mean cmon epl, your rules are killing the game. Such a small touch, after all the grabbing and pushing...
Atleast we don't have welbeck... Heard the commentator say he hasn't played more than 20 games in the last 8 seasons

akescpt

Honorary Master
What’s crazy about that decision is that his momentum took him in the opposite direction. He just managed to get his foot to the ball but didn’t even have it under control.

But he touched the ball and got that kick so its a penalty. If Robbie just stands there he might even have landed on his ass unassisted.

Kak two points to drop. I can’t recall so many injuries in the beginning of a season ever. It’s just crazy.

So far we getting screwed consistently so let’s hope the kak decisions continue consistently and we get a few or five that go our way eventually.

Suspect99

Executive Member
It's very soft, but a clear penalty.

Here's Salah getting almost exactly the same one a couple of weeks ago

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
It's very soft, but a clear penalty.

Here's Salah getting almost exactly the same one a couple of weeks ago

You have got to be kidding - 'almost exactly the same' - in what dream world?

Salah is in the process of controlling the ball when he is kicked - Wellbeck is nowhere near controlling the ball.

Anyway, it's a moot point - it was given and two points lost.

I'm more pissed off by the Salah goal that was disallowed.

Last edited:

SukkaFoo

Expert Member
Look. I'm not going back to defend Suarez but I'm really hoping the guys who knocked him at the time have the same level of concern for Cavani since this was the exact same defence Suarez used.

fishfly

Honorary Master
Two different context
Suarez said this:

"Don’t touch me, I don’t speak with n----"
Then at court where he lied and den and unapologetic shitstorm that ensued.
Look. I'm not going back to defend Suarez but I'm really hoping the guys who knocked him at the time have the same level of concern for Cavani since this was the exact same defence Suarez used.

Cavani said "Thanks negrito" to someone that commented on his Instagram post

Not defending him - unfortunately he should have been informed not to use that word on social media. As FA has defined the word to be racially abusive.

Last edited:

SukkaFoo

Expert Member
Two different context
Suarez said this:

"Don’t touch me, I don’t speak with n----"
Then at court where he lied and den and unapologetic shitstorm that ensued.

Cavani said "Thanks negrito" to someone that commented on his Instagram post

Not defending him - unfortunately he should have been informed not to use that word on social media. As FA has defined the word to be racially abusive.

So no then? Oh well

fishfly

Honorary Master
So no then? Oh well
Nothing to defend he ****ed up without knowing lets see how many matches he will be banned, but a lynch mob isn't going to happen as he did not insult anyone and has apologised for the insensitive post - instead of making a big deal about it - no one complained

SukkaFoo

Expert Member
/Nothing to defend he ****ed up without knowing lets see how many matches he will be banned, but a lynch mob isn't going to happen as he did not insult anyone and has apologised for the insensitive post - instead of making a big deal about it - no one complained
I am being a bit of a d1ck here apologies. The point I was trying to make is perhaps not clear. Suarez defense at the time was that he didn't understand that what he said was considered racist as he said it was what they said as kids growing up in Uruguay to people of color, even if that was people with black hair. Now, I think that's pretty damn stupid, and it was clearly in the middle of a pretty messy set of fouls and back and forth, so hard to argue he wasn't actually trying to insult Evra. As a partisan Liverpool fan, I disagreed with what he said, but also accepted that I don't speak Spanish, and don't understand the cultural context of words from other countries. (For reference when I was living in Dubai there was a coffee shop called k****r beans. My English mates thought it was hilarious that I cringed every time I saw it tried to explain how utterly reprehensible the word is).

It was clear at the time that this was not an acceptable response for the FA or rival fans. The point I was trying to make (and it clear as day that in the Cavani case that theres no racial undertone here), is that context matters and understanding each other before hopping on a soap box is usually a good place to start. But this is the internet.

/end

fishfly

Honorary Master
I am being a bit of a d1ck here apologies. The point I was trying to make is perhaps not clear. Suarez defense at the time was that he didn't understand that what he said was considered racist as he said it was what they said as kids growing up in Uruguay to people of color, even if that was people with black hair. Now, I think that's pretty damn stupid, and it was clearly in the middle of a pretty messy set of fouls and back and forth, so hard to argue he wasn't actually trying to insult Evra. As a partisan Liverpool fan, I disagreed with what he said, but also accepted that I don't speak Spanish, and don't understand the cultural context of words from other countries. (For reference when I was living in Dubai there was a coffee shop called k****r beans. My English mates thought it was hilarious that I cringed every time I saw it tried to explain how utterly reprehensible the word is).

It was clear at the time that this was not an acceptable response for the FA or rival fans. The point I was trying to make (and it clear as day that in the Cavani case that theres no racial undertone here), is that context matters and understanding each other before hopping on a soap box is usually a good place to start. But this is the internet.

/end
Cool no foul no harm I mean look at NASA with this project :D

hmmm url blocked... but just google Nasa "P O E S" without the spaces

Last edited:

fishfly

Honorary Master

/end
In case you wondering here's Cavani's apology and the club's statement

So lets see what kind of ban FA is going to slap him

greg0205

Honorary Master
Are you feckers all asleep?
Nah... Bossed this. Just quality from the whistle.

Gini's goal was glorious and that man needs a contract like yesterday. Also love it when Joel gets on the scoresheet.

Trent and Naby getting a run is fantastic and, while I will always feel Adrian was a steal at the price, Kelleher make me breathe easier.

Last edited:

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Nah... Bossed this. Just quality from the whistle.

Gini's goal was glorious and that man needs a contract like yesterday. Also love it when Joel gets on the scorecard.

Trent and Naby getting a run is fantastic and, while I will always feel Adrian was a steal at the price, Kelleher make me breathe easier.
Didn't know about the supporters. When they start letting them in again?