Liverpool FC supporters thread - 2017/18 Season

L-Dog

Expert Member
Yip need Jota back asap. If we get a cb atleast we can move Hendo to the midfield... Alison looking really solid

superskully

Expert Member
What people forget is that Van Dijk and Gomez (and Lovren) are also attackers and ball playing CB's. We missing that, a Van dijk header for a close game. But we also seem to rely on TAA as and Robertson as we give them a lot of the ball and the former has not performed this season.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
What people forget is that Van Dijk and Gomez (and Lovren) are also attackers and ball playing CB's. We missing that, a Van dijk header for a close game. But we also seem to rely on TAA as and Robertson as we give them a lot of the ball and the former has not performed this season.
TAA had some really bad touches yesterday, especially in the 2nd half. Gave the ball away a lot, even with no pressure

akescpt

Honorary Master
Couldn’t watch Yesterday game but it sounds similar to previous matches. Klopp needs to start benching players. They not performing.

The levels have dropped off. They not responding to the faith his placing in them. Problem is we don’t have like for like replacements but something has got to give. Maybe the bench will give us an angry performance at higher levels.

Or get Elliot back and through him in. Break up that front three and try other options.

Saw something concerning about lungs of Covid survivors. Was wondering how our 3 guys were coping. All three are also struggling for some kind of form.

Nimz

Executive Member
Wow, what a performance from Fabulous Fab and Allison!

Other than that pretty disappointing performance & our lack of goals has become a major concern.

We need to sort that out ASAP before we slip further down the table

akescpt

Honorary Master
If matip is fit then him and Phillips need to play tomorrow. Is just crazy to waste hendo and Fabinho at the back. If there is a senior and Junior cb pairing available then they must play.

We struggling up top and need all hands at the pump. Those two have chipped in with contributions before. And a midfield of them and Thiago needs to be put through its paces. With shaq coming in for one of the forwards.

6 points behind top place is a big difference to catch up on.

There is a whole half a season left but there will be no purchase. I reckon that’s the holding onto the league gone. Unless there’s a pause again. Anything can happen in these crazy times. In hindsight lovren leaving and not getting a replacement now seems like a bad decision.

Nimz

Executive Member
We've become so boring to watch recently. We need to kick into gear ASAP

KOPITE

Executive Member
Why does Klopp not play Phillips at the back with Matip and then move Fabinho in the middle. This then frees Thiago to play further forward and dictate the last 3rd since we inactive upfront. I don’t know why Klopp does not see this, we only playing Burnley.

Open goal and Origi can’t even finish an open goal. Fakken chase him away and bring on Minamino.

L-Dog

Expert Member
Also not sure why Phillips isn't playing looks decent enough. Would also bench TAA he is way out of form and Nico Williams seems like a decent replacement for now

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Would like someone to explain why the pen is given against Alisson but not for Mane - looked very similar to me

fishfly

Honorary Master
Would like someone to explain why the pen is given against Alisson but not for Mane - looked very similar to me
maybe the same reason why Fabinho wasn't sent off? dunno... this whole VAR is starting to regress to the same levels as when the ref was making the calls

The Voice

Honorary Master
Tbh from replays I thought it was given because Fabihno pulled him back as he moved into the 18-yard box.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
maybe the same reason why Fabinho wasn't sent off? dunno... this whole VAR is starting to regress to the same levels as when the ref was making the calls

Or why the guy who kicked Fabinho didn't get a yellow too

akescpt

Honorary Master
Both stand ins with mistakes today. Then putting the shortest guy on the penalty spot for the free kick. Tiny margins.

Is it just me but did our forward momentum just die when Thiago came off or was that just a coincidence?