Liverpool FC supporters thread - 2017/18 Season

Kodi

When I was watching the game it felt as if the balls were over inflated or the pitch was bone dry.

Many first-touches received from pass through balls were inexplicably not brought under control well by several players.

Something was off. Good win nevertheless.

L-Dog

Expert Member
Sadio off the boil as well...

Wonder if it has to do with his contract or just a dry run of form, he is earning the same as Matip ffs. Does not matter if he is a nice guy surely it has to bother him... On form I would rate him was one of the top 10 players in the world.

Vis1/0N

Expert Member
Haven't had a look at the fixture run, hope these other top 7 teams still have to fight each other for the same points, and City keeps winning in the league. It has been an heavy cloud this past few months and I hope it has passed by - and to one of these other teams.

BadBoyGP

Haven't had a look at the fixture run, hope these other top 7 teams still have to fight each other for the same points, and City keeps winning in the league. It has been an heavy cloud this past few months and I hope it has passed by - and to one of these other teams.
They all do..

akescpt

Honorary Master

List is favorable. Just utd stands out.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I'm afraid on that display Trent will be struggling to force his way in to the England squad. Southgate is a defensive-minded coach, so for all his attacking prowess Trent will be overlooked if he gets exposed like that.

Nimz

Executive Member
What an absolute sh*t show last night (especially the first half)

Why not stick with the team that played against Arsenal?

I would've still been confident had our home form been as it was prior to our collapse, but anyway let's see what happens

2-0 win to go through

akescpt

Honorary Master
The way they played right through us during that first half was an indication that the tactics were wrong. The very early substitution a reduction of that. Why Thiago was not included is mind boggling. That’s his pace generally.

He should just stick with a team and play them. But manè’s form is also becoming an issue now. So Bobby and manè is a concern.

Would like to see Curtis more involved. In forward positions. He did well in that tough period. And an eye for goal.

cenredash

Expert Member
The way they played right through us during that first half was an indication that the tactics were wrong. The very early substitution a reduction of that. Why Thiago was not included is mind boggling. That’s his pace generally.

I'm on the fence as regards an early substitution. Sometimes I think it is a strength for a coach to make an early substitution. Nobody makes the right calls all the time, and the coaches consider a lot including what they see on the training pitch and other analytics. So, they try something that works on the training pitch, and something different and unexpected against what is arguably the world's best midfield trio in KCM.

But there is unexpected and there is folly. So maybe Keita wouldn't strike too much fear into the collective hearts of Kroos Casemiro and Modric.