Liverpool FC supporters thread - 2017/18 Season

Nimz

Executive Member
So how we feeling about tonight's game gents?

We going through or nah?

KOPITE

Executive Member
Toothless performance, non existent midfield. That is our biggest problem atm. Defense will look better and the strikers will look good of you have quality midfield that can protect your midfield and create chances for your strikers. Apart from Fabinho and maybe Hendo the rest of the midfield is non existent. Klopp needs to invest in a quality provider. A starter CB and a utility back.

We need at least 3 to 4 quality players to compete again. Tough night, but onwards and upwards

Nimz

Executive Member
I put the TV off after seeing Tiago coming on :rolleyes: that's when I knew we weren't going to make it

superskully

Expert Member
2nd half against Leeds our midfield goes awol. Alison just booting the ball upfield and Mane and Firminho can't hold onto it.
Leeds were the better side.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Our team owners had the weakest statement of all out of the Premier League sides. Very disappointing.

Basically sounds like they grudgingly gave up on the idea after the other teams pulled out.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Our team owners had the weakest statement of all out of the Premier League sides. Very disappointing.

Basically sounds like they grudgingly gave up on the idea after the other teams pulled out.

JWH made a decent apology

'"I want to apologise to all the fans and supporters of Liverpool Football Club for the disruption I caused over the past 48 hours.

It goes without saying but should be said that the project put forward was never going to stand without the support of the fans. No-one ever thought differently in England. Over these 48 hours you were very clear that it would not stand. We heard you. "I heard you.

And I want to apologise to Jürgen, to Billy, to the players and to everyone who works so hard at LFC to make our fans proud. They have absolutely no responsibility for this disruption. They were the most disrupted and unfairly so. This is what hurts most. They love your club and work to make you proud every singleday.

I know the entire LFC team has the expertise, leadership and passion necessary to rebuild trust and help us move forward. More than a decade ago when we signed up for the challenges associated with football, we dreamed of what you dreamed of. And we’ve worked hard to improve your club. Our work isn’t done. And I hope you’ll understand that even when we make mistakes, we’re trying to work in your club’s best interests. In this endeavour I’ve let you down.

Again, I’m sorry, and I alone am responsible for the unnecessary negativity brought forward over the past couple of days. It’s something I won’t forget. And shows the power the fans have today and will rightly continue to have.

If there’s one thing this horrible pandemic has clearly shown, it’s how crucial fans are to our sport and to every sport. It’s shown in every empty stadium. It’s been an incredibly tough year for all of us; virtually no-one unaffected. It’s important that the Liverpool football family remains intact, vital and committed to what we’ve seen from you globally, with local gestures of kindness and support. I can promise you I will do whatever I can to further that.

Thanks for listening."

The ESL was not the answer but by God FIFA, PL and UEFA need a shakeup

greg0205

Honorary Master
JWH made a decent apology

'"I want to apologise to all the fans and supporters of Liverpool Football Club for the disruption I caused over the past 48 hours.

It goes without saying but should be said that the project put forward was never going to stand without the support of the fans. No-one ever thought differently in England. Over these 48 hours you were very clear that it would not stand. We heard you. "I heard you.

And I want to apologise to Jürgen, to Billy, to the players and to everyone who works so hard at LFC to make our fans proud. They have absolutely no responsibility for this disruption. They were the most disrupted and unfairly so. This is what hurts most. They love your club and work to make you proud every singleday.

I know the entire LFC team has the expertise, leadership and passion necessary to rebuild trust and help us move forward. More than a decade ago when we signed up for the challenges associated with football, we dreamed of what you dreamed of. And we’ve worked hard to improve your club. Our work isn’t done. And I hope you’ll understand that even when we make mistakes, we’re trying to work in your club’s best interests. In this endeavour I’ve let you down.

Again, I’m sorry, and I alone am responsible for the unnecessary negativity brought forward over the past couple of days. It’s something I won’t forget. And shows the power the fans have today and will rightly continue to have.

If there’s one thing this horrible pandemic has clearly shown, it’s how crucial fans are to our sport and to every sport. It’s shown in every empty stadium. It’s been an incredibly tough year for all of us; virtually no-one unaffected. It’s important that the Liverpool football family remains intact, vital and committed to what we’ve seen from you globally, with local gestures of kindness and support. I can promise you I will do whatever I can to further that.

Thanks for listening."

The ESL was not the answer but by God FIFA, PL and UEFA need a shakeup
Good.

He needed to own it.

Wrong for fans to be upset with JK or the players when this was all on him.

superskully

Expert Member
Thursday football, here we come.
Last 2 games pathetic lethargic 2nd halves.
Seems we desperately need a proper 9 now.

akescpt

Honorary Master
Don’t deserve fourth with that kak game level. Second week another horrible goal conceded. This after getting a reprieve the minute before that. We couldn’t even keep the ball to see it out.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
This is the LFC I know and love.

Thanks for the CL, thanks for #19 - a couple of crap seasons after that is NOTHING, nothing I tell ya!

Bring on Old Trafford - we have a terrible record there