Liverpool FC supporters thread - 2017/18 Season

Hush9300

Expert Member
Not really..perhaps in a year that didn't have WC yes..and if the market was still semi normal. However..being a WC year, we should tell him to knuckle down..play your heart out..and you'll get your move. Barca will be back. They usually come back for players they didn't get first or second time round..see Luis...

Phil has no release clause...is in the first year of a 5 year deal.. and has bags of potential to become much better..and is wanted and will be needed by Barca once Iniesta leaves..I'd say LFC have a pretty decent hand..

The f up is the timing...
Don’t think it’s going to happen this time... Unfortunately I don’t see him wanting to stay and if he’s forced to can create a toxic environment. Also, other talents might become available which Barcelona see as better prospects. He’s no Suarez after all.

Liverpool are best served letting him go in my opinion but the situation they now find themselves in is of their own doing. Coutinho made his intentions known about leaving but wanted an amicable transfer. Liverpool went rogue and now find themselves on the verge of losing a player that had his mind made up sometime ago if the statement from the family member is to be believed. He’s about ready to go to war for this transfer. The opportunity might not come around again and he knows it.

akescpt

Honorary Master
Transfers only close end of this month anyway
But who at this stage? Another Carroll fiasco?

Timing could not be worse. Coutinho's moer man. Why didn't he just say I wanna go early on. He said 'amicable'. Ffs this isn't amicable.

curbs2012

Expert Member
Don’t think it’s going to happen this time... Unfortunately I don’t see him wanting to stay and if he’s forced to can create a toxic environment. Also, other talents might become available which Barcelona see as better prospects. He’s no Suarez after all.

Liverpool are best served letting him go in my opinion but the situation they now find themselves in is of their own doing. Coutinho made his intentions known about leaving but wanted an amicable transfer. Liverpool went rogue and now find themselves on the verge of losing a player that had his mind made up sometime ago if the statement from the family member is to be believed. He’s about ready to go to war for this transfer. The opportunity might not come around again and he knows it.
He also met with Klopp few weeks back and confirmed he would not seek to leave this window.

curbs2012

Expert Member

Timing could not be worse. Coutinho's moer man. Why didn't he just say I wanna go early on. He said 'amicable'. Ffs this isn't amicable.
Using Luis and Gerrard situations as part of his reasons isn't going down well with me.. including the timing.

Hush9300

Expert Member

Going to start getting ugly now. Coutinho wants this move... Using this family source as a mouth piece.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master

This. his timing sucks.

He's injured often enough that I'm not too bothered by him leaving given the massive fee

KOPITE

Executive Member
Holding the club ransom will get you nowhere I'm afraid. Forcing things makes it more complicated fir himself and Barca as we hold all the cards.

5 year contract and no release clause is like pulling self destruction button. Club keeps its stance unless Barca cough up 120 mil. He's a good player, but replaceable.

Fak these Spanish mobs, pay up or fak off

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Meh! Screw the magician. He can't afford to sulk in a World Cup year. Keep him and then sell next year

KOPITE

Executive Member
Meh! Screw the magician. He can't afford to sulk in a World Cup year. Keep him and then sell next year
Yeah, we not forced to sell, put up or shut up.

Sulking us getting him nowhere with Barca tapping him up and play innocent fakers. Tap up and pay up you suckers

KOPITE

Executive Member
Philippe Coutinho tells Liverpool he wants Barcelona move and has Jurgen Klopp issues

Philippe Coutinho feels aggrieved over his treatment by Jurgen Klopp, according to Sky sources, having handed in a transfer request.

The main reason Coutinho wants to leave Anfield is that, as a Brazilian footballer, he finds it impossible to say no when Barcelona come calling.

Coutinho has total respect for Liverpool and the club's fans, even though at times he has become frustrated at his role in the team.

A member of Coutinho's family has told Sky Sports News that the player feels aggrieved at the way he has been treated by manager Klopp.

The same family member revealed problems have been brewing behind the scenes between Klopp and Coutinho over the last six months.

On Friday morning Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group issued a statement saying they would not consider any offers for Coutinho. They said he would be a Liverpool player when the transfer window closes at the end of the month.

At 1pm on Friday Sky Sports News revealed Coutinho had handed in a transfer request, with Liverpool confirming they had received, and rejected, the request an hour later.

Coutinho's request came by email after Liverpool turned down Barcelona's second offer of £90.4m on Wednesday night.

The 25-year-old's close family member told Sky Sports News: "Philippe has tried very hard to find an amicable solution to this situation but to no avail.

"He has tremendous love for the club and its fans, but like Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez have pointed out in the past, Liverpool does not let its players leave on amicable terms."
So Couts making Klopp the scapegoat for his Barca move by implying he's played out of position :wtf:

SukkaFoo

Expert Member
My 2c. He is going to leave. Gerrard was a scouser, convincing him to stay was purely an emotional decision. Same as we saw with Suarez, we sadly aren't as big a club Barca, particularly for South Americans so we will never compete with them. I reckon the best the club can do is maximise their return and do it quickly. As someone mentioned earlier you don't want the knee jerk Torres/Carroll saga on the last day again. I'd almost argue we're better off not trying to sign a marquee player now as we're just going to get milked for the Neymar money.

curbs2012

Expert Member
I wonder whether Klopp will want him or allow him back into the fold. Looking at what happened with Sakho, if you break his trust, it seems it remains broken, especially considering how Coutinho has gone about it.

KOPITE

Executive Member
I wonder whether Klopp will want him or allow him back into the fold. Looking at what happened with Sakho, if you break his trust, it seems it remains broken, especially considering how Coutinho has gone about it.
Thing is Klopp will let you rot, Sakho as an example. If any club don't pay up then move on. He said himself he's not handing out presents to other clubs

akescpt

Honorary Master
Oh look. Oh goal conceded from a set piece. Ffs. The tallest defender doesn't even get off the ground.

The Voice

Executive Member
Have faith, Scousers. I have Salah in my fantasy team. And also halfway through a BTTS