Liverpool FC supporters thread - 2017/18 Season

KOPITE

Executive Member
Not gonna get rid of these individual mistakes. All those chances wasted. **** man.
What do you suggest, same faking players and same faking mistakes. Competition is the only way to get those players to wake the fak up

akescpt

Honorary Master
What do you suggest, same faking players and same faking mistakes. Competition is the only way to get those players to wake the fak up

Is brunging in Virgil gonna stop that *** mistake from gini? No. They need to pull finger and improve. Marquee signings don't magically remove individual mistakes.

Not much time to improve before champs league. On this level we might really struggle to qualify.

KOPITE

Executive Member
Is brunging in Virgil gonna stop that *** mistake from gini? No. They need to pull finger and improve. Marquee signings don't magically remove individual mistakes.

Not much time to improve before champs league. On this level we might really struggle to qualify.
Yes, it will definitely improve the defense and install confidence in the back line and goalkeeper. Did you actually watch how Matip try to avoid the ball coming in for the 1st goal. Kaboul and Kaku outjumps him, you have faking Firmino trying to jump with the biggest player who scores the goal. We don't have a faking leader at the back or in the team. You want a leader that wants to jump and attack the bloody ball. If Van Dick played we would probably won today.

Matip and Lovren is rubbish and nothing seems to change.

Akes I thought better of you then this

KOPITE

Executive Member
I'm not saying Van Dycke would create miracles and solve all our problems, but he would make a faking massive difference. Klopp needs to spend big on defenders that can make a difference. It's the only way we going to move forward.

Vis1/0N

Expert Member
With Chelsea and Arsenal also letting in 3 goals each Southampton may finally be getting their bidding war (sans Arsenal).

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
What a kuk result - that said, midfield and defence were woeful - 1 point is probably fair.

Heh, at least we scored 3.

iDOL

Expert Member
With Chelsea and Arsenal also letting in 3 goals each Southampton may finally be getting their bidding war (sans Arsenal).

no it won't Koscielny and Mustafi along with Gabriel and Mertesacker to return.
you can have at mr 60 mil all to yourself.

akescpt

Honorary Master
Yes, it will definitely improve the defense and install confidence in the back line and goalkeeper. Did you actually watch how Matip try to avoid the ball coming in for the 1st goal. Kaboul and Kaku outjumps him, you have faking Firmino trying to jump with the biggest player who scores the goal. We don't have a faking leader at the back or in the team. You want a leader that wants to jump and attack the bloody ball. If Van Dick played we would probably won today.

Matip and Lovren is rubbish and nothing seems to change.

Akes I thought better of you then this

Wtaf. I said above we need a leader at the back. You are pointing out the mistakes I'm referring to. One player brought in will not magically make us defend at a much higher level. Defending is a unit activity. The current players is what we have. They need to improve. The fact that they produced that crap goes beyond a mere signing to fix.

What exactly has the defensive coach been doing? Why hasn't this *** been addressed? Similar to our injury situation. Why do our top players get constantly injured? Is the physio and his staff skilled enough. Something wrong with the training and conditioning?

That first goal, that guy headed it unopposed from a meter out. A meter. That must be gk territory. No other alternative. Must be him. Yet it happens over and over. It would be wonderful if somehow this Virgil signing would somehow fix all the *** but it won't. We must improve. But without a change in approach or player execution this will just keep on happening.

For that final goal gini must just clear the ****ing ball. Just clear it. Could he do that? **** no. You can do drills. Set piece situations. Train till you blue in the face. That *** won't get solved without the players that we have stepping up. Can't buy a whole new backline right now.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Predicted that Mane, Firmino and Salah would score today.

Didn't think we'd leak 3 goals after the last 10 games of last season and what we saw in pre season

KOPITE

Executive Member
Wtaf. I said above we need a leader at the back. You are pointing out the mistakes I'm referring to. One player brought in will not magically make us defend at a much higher level. Defending is a unit activity. The current players is what we have. They need to improve. The fact that they produced that crap goes beyond a mere signing to fix.

What exactly has the defensive coach been doing? Why hasn't this *** been addressed? Similar to our injury situation. Why do our top players get constantly injured? Is the physio and his staff skilled enough. Something wrong with the training and conditioning?

That first goal, that guy headed it unopposed from a meter out. A meter. That must be gk territory. No other alternative. Must be him. Yet it happens over and over. It would be wonderful if somehow this Virgil signing would somehow fix all the *** but it won't. We must improve. But without a change in approach or player execution this will just keep on happening.

For that final goal gini must just clear the ****ing ball. Just clear it. Could he do that? **** no. You can do drills. Set piece situations. Train till you blue in the face. That *** won't get solved without the players that we have stepping up. Can't buy a whole new backline right now.

You still don't get it, watch this to make things clearer for you please
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...d-discussion-on-liverpools-set-piece-problems

One player will make a difference who is a leader and can command the backline. You can try and train Matip and Lovren every faking trick in the book, but they still not good enough as players to do the job. The manager can only do so much, he can't faking still play and hold their hand while playing. If you not good enough, then they cannot start or must be moved on. Same applies to our midfield, if Henderson, Can and Wini can't defend, then they not good enough in that position, you have to improve your squad with players of higher quality that is capable in doing the job.

We've seen Liverpool's defense for how many season doing the same sit, Daglish, Rogers and now Klopp. You cannot instill those methods or qualities in players that cannot fulfill your defensive requirements.

Wtf don't you understand, how to defend or cannot defend.

Other clubs have the same problems, they faking replace them with better players, ffs

RanzB

Honorary Master
Other clubs have the same problems, they faking replace them with better players, ffs

Who are these players who are upgrades, don't cost 600m, and are willing to come to Liverpool?

akescpt

Honorary Master
You still don't get it, watch this to make things clearer for you please
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...d-discussion-on-liverpools-set-piece-problems

One player will make a difference who is a leader and can command the backline. You can try and train Matip and Lovren every faking trick in the book, but they still not good enough as players to do the job. The manager can only do so much, he can't faking still play and hold their hand while playing. If you not good enough, then they cannot start or must be moved on. Same applies to our midfield, if Henderson, Can and Wini can't defend, then they not good enough in that position, you have to improve your squad with players of higher quality that is capable in doing the job.

We've seen Liverpool's defense for how many season doing the same sit, Daglish, Rogers and now Klopp. You cannot instill those methods or qualities in players that cannot fulfill your defensive requirements.

Wtf don't you understand, how to defend or cannot defend.

So you want to replace our backline and midfield in august? We will have these players for a while still. I've been saying we are heading into this season short staffed. Wtf did you think I meant? We missing mediocre players?

We bought salah and some unknown lb from hull. Our ambition is the title but our transfer activity doesn't show it. Who in that midfield will stroll into a top six team? We wanted keitA and Virgil. Didn't happen. Was that our list? Just them?

Henderson was missing for extended periods last year. Milner is about the only cover I see. Milner can do a job. That's it.

Our bench was klavan, Gomez, solanke, Milner and origi. The only player I really wanted to see was solanke. The rest are just filler with the exception of Gomez who I haven't seen enough of. I think those are our best subs. Beyond this we might just have kids again, except for our walking wounded.

Understaffed. Understaffed of quality players. It seems klopp and fsg feel that the squad is good enough. They can't get their targets so won't bring in other people.

Why are we not able to bring in the quality required at a reasonable price? The price quoted for keitA and Virgil are eye watering. We not able to spot them before they have huge price tags. The magician cost just 13 mil I think. This is where we need to operate. We clearly not in that top five spending league. Pep just replaced his backline I think for how much?

I would love for that to happen. Will it though? This is our reality. Unless they spring a surprise on us. And at this stage of the window? How likely is that?

Mr Smooth

Klopp has this philosophy to use youngsters which is no problem, however in today's times the coaches don't have that luxury. The club and its supporters want immediate results.
Sad thing Liverpool don't have the spending might of United, Chelsea, City etc.

KOPITE

Executive Member
So you want to replace our backline and midfield in august? We will have these players for a while still. I've been saying we are heading into this season short staffed. Wtf did you think I meant? We missing mediocre players?

We bought salah and some unknown lb from hull. Our ambition is the title but our transfer activity doesn't show it. Who in that midfield will stroll into a top six team? We wanted keitA and Virgil. Didn't happen. Was that our list? Just them?

Henderson was missing for extended periods last year. Milner is about the only cover I see. Milner can do a job. That's it.

Our bench was klavan, Gomez, solanke, Milner and origi. The only player I really wanted to see was solanke. The rest are just filler with the exception of Gomez who I haven't seen enough of. I think those are our best subs. Beyond this we might just have kids again, except for our walking wounded.

Understaffed. Understaffed of quality players. It seems klopp and fsg feel that the squad is good enough. They can't get their targets so won't bring in other people.

Why are we not able to bring in the quality required at a reasonable price? The price quoted for keitA and Virgil are eye watering. We not able to spot them before they have huge price tags. The magician cost just 13 mil I think. This is where we need to operate. We clearly not in that top five spending league. Pep just replaced his backline I think for how much?

I would love for that to happen. Will it though? This is our reality. Unless they spring a surprise on us. And at this stage of the window? How likely is that?
All I said we need a defender in the mould of Van Dyke, it's that simple. Lovren and Klavan is not the answer. Yes he brought in the left back, which is better then our current stock, we he did not play yesterday, only Klopp knows.

For the time Klopp have been at the club, he has not spent much, so I'm not sure if this is down to the owners or him only buying players that he sees fits to profile. Maybe Coutinho sees the club is not progressing the way he wants to may little to no signings.

There is 2 weeks left in the transfer, so we will see if the club brings anyone in or not. If you want decent players, you'll have to sometimes overpay just to improve your club.

All I know is the current squad is not good enough and depth in quality. Gonna be a long season for us if this sit continues.

akescpt

Honorary Master
Read earlier that klopp said the bosses have the final say on transfers. Do the owners share our ambition for a league title or is a money making franchise all they want?

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Read earlier that klopp said the bosses have the final say on transfers. Do the owners share our ambition for a league title or is a money making franchise all they want?

I read that he wants Coutinho gone now but FSG won't sell on principle.

For me, if Klopp wants him gone, then he must fokkof