Livoltek All-in-One Inverter Unit (5Kw)

Ninja Girl

Company Rep
Dear All,

I would value your kind advice please.

We are planning significant renovations on an old house - redoing all the electrical work amongst other things. The contractor's electrician will also install the back-up solution for the house. I want to run - three computers, modems, two TVs, decoders and all lights and the occasional other electronic items during loadshedding. The electrician have quoted on the items below. I am not familiar with the Livoltek solution. I did Google it and it looks fine, but does anyone have any real experience with this solution?

Supply and Install of Livoltek All-in-One Inverter Unit (5Kw) = R57 500
Supply and Install of JA Solar 450W Panels x 10 = R50 000

Also as a side question - electrical plugs - what would you suggest for wall plug points with USB, multiplugs etc. The electrician quoted on the Major products. I have found the plugs in the past to be a bit tight (one struggles to take a plug out) and the buttons on some plugs start to give hassles after a while. Any advice would be valued.

Thank you

JP

Last edited:

Tariqe

1) Have not seen any mention of the said inverter on any of the solar forums that I read, maybe I am wrong.
2) seems excessive installation cost for ten panels

skyw4lk3r

Suggest you post at the power forum, and contact the shop https://powerforum-store.co.za/.
Best make an informed decision considering the cost.
Sunsynk inverters are highly rated on the forums

Also think high price on the panels. Rather get other quotes.

Last edited:

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Okay, never mind.

Attachments

• LivoPower-All-in-one-Energy-Storage-System-SPEC-Hyper-3-5K__V5.0_21_06.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 18

AntennaMan

Expert Member
The price on that inverter seems excessive. Other brands I've seen are sub R30k for a 5kw inverter with built-in MPPT's.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
It's honestly not a bad deal, just to try and break it down,

The inverter and battery system.

It looks like a basic inverter which does not blend power but has the ability to select between power sources. It has two MPPTs at 10A each, I would estimate it at not more than R15k, a good argument can be made about other options.

The battery.

5kWh, no mention of the C rating, only max current draw, so being conservative and assuming 0.5C it would mean only half of it is usable power, estimated price, R20k maybe?

That's R35k leaving him with R22 500 for wiring, switchgear, protection, COC and stuff, as well as his labour.

The solar

Around R24k for ten panels, 7k for the mounting kit, leaving him with R10k for wires, combiner box miscellaneous and his labour.

I would say it looks like a fair price as long as he doesn't cut corners on what's required, yes, someone could say you could save a couple of Rk with a different quote but it's someone you already know and probably have a level of trust, which is something not to be taken for granted.

skyw4lk3r

No warranty details on that inverter battery all in one?

I would think thr normal system with separate inverter and battery would be better as one can add /change freely, not stuck with one brand. What if they go down with no support and spares in a few years?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
No warranty details on that inverter battery all in one?

I would think thr normal system with separate inverter and battery would be better as one can add /change freely, not stuck with one brand. What if they go down with no support and spares in a few years?
The inverter can probably work with other batteries, I am very certain I have seen that inverter wearing a different badge, I just can't recall what it was. It says all in one but it's probably something you assemble.

But it is still a good idea to confirm with the installer as that is a valid concern.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I have no idea why it's so expensive. No one seems keen to provide full specs for it, because there should be something special to justify the price.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
That inverter looks like something I have seen before, a Growatt maybe?
Not sure, artsolar has something similar:

buyeye

Executive Member
I have no idea why it's so expensive. No one seems keen to provide full specs for it, because there should be something special to justify the price.

That is the old normal price for true hybrids, deye/sunsynk disrupted the market with their price which is now the new normal price for a 5kw true hybrid. Look at the price of the goodwe, growatt sph and fronius hybrids. That's why most new installs are axpert or deye/sunsynk.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
That is the old normal price for true hybrids, deye/sunsynk disrupted the market with their price which is now the new normal price for a 5kw true hybrid. Look at the price of the goodwe, growatt sph and fronius hybrids. That's why most new installs are axpert or deye/sunsynk.
My problem is that I cannot find anything that indicates it can blend both solar and grid to supply loads, that's usually the holy grail of inverters and when you are approaching the R30k mark that is what you expect, the Deye and Sunsynk have the feature and they are less expensive.

It could be the Ip65 rating.

buyeye

Executive Member
My problem is that I cannot find anything that indicates it can blend both solar and grid to supply loads, that's usually the holy grail of inverters and when you are approaching the R30k mark that is what you expect, the Deye and Sunsynk have the feature and they are less expensive.

It could be the Ip65 rating.
I have seen the specs before but I can't find them now, yes it is a true hybrid. It looks like they are also adding a premium for the sleek case with powerwall look if you buy their battery.

The problem with the older hybrids is the low power on the essential side when grid is not available.