Load-shedding cost South Africa over R1 trillion

Kawak

Blaming all 1 trillion on load shedding is ridiculous, and he calls himself an economics professor, is power the only thing to his economy? Labour, militant unions, state incapacity, he is at best an assistant lecturer in my mind, or is it so in fashion to talk about Eskom and load shedding and varsities pays way too little because of fees must fall that he can't stop himself starting an Instagram and tiktok and try to be an influencer? Gosh!

Azg

Expert Member
Blaming all 1 trillion on load shedding is ridiculous, and he calls himself an economics professor, is power the only thing to his economy? Labour, militant unions, state incapacity, he is at best an assistant lecturer in my mind, or is it so in fashion to talk about Eskom and load shedding and varsities pays way too little because of fees must fall that he can't stop himself starting an Instagram and tiktok and try to be an influencer? Gosh!
Load shedding cost the economy x billions, which the economics professor has estimated to be R1 trillion. He didn't claim there were no other factors affecting the economy.

Nereus77

Do the following:

- Fix loadshedding
- Services that actually work
- No corruption
- No BEE requirements in govt or private sector (ability-based employment)
- Adopt the Cambridge education system

...and we'd be styling like its 2007.

Last edited:

Napalm2880

Expert Member
Do the following:

- Fix loadshedding
- Services that actually work
- No corruption
- No BEE requirements in govt or private sector (ability-based employment)
- Adopt the Cambridge education system

...and we'd be styling like its 2007.
+fix police service and reduce crime.

mak2000

Expert Member
Yet another "expert" throwing numbers around - seems the worst the prediction/analysis the more traction their theory gets.

Nereus77

+fix police service and reduce crime.
Absolutely.

If all this was done, our economy would surge and we'd attract our educated expats back to the country.

(Further steps:
- Fix the Post Office
- Fix the train network
- Make ALL govt services accessible online
I have too many of these...)

Last edited:

Benedict A55h0le

Absolutely.

If all this was done, our economy would surge and we'd attract our educated expats back to the country.

(Further steps:
- Fix the Post Office
- Fix the train network
- Make ALL govt services accessible online
I have too many of these...)
These are all just symptoms of the underlying issue, fixing the underlying issue is the only real fix.

Last edited: