Load-shedding isn't going away in 2021

rustypup

Expert Member
Why are we only hearing about this now?!

This is olds, not news.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Load-shedding isn't going away. When it does, please write an article about it. Until then, we don't need to be reminded.
but clicks and eyeballs matter
so lets make a new article everytime something obvious is announced.

RaptorSA

Expert Member
Eskom and its crap aside.

I find it unacceptable when we get new (highly paid) people at work who still use the excuse that the power went out and they can't join the meeting/training/dev session.

Sort your k@k out!
This isn't new and it's not going away.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
I still find it unacceptable when we get new (highly paid) people at work who still use the excuse that the power went out and they can't join the meeting/training/dev session.

They're too scared to tell you the truth: "send me an email"

Lupus

Honorary Master
Eskom and its crap aside.

I still find it unacceptable when we get new (highly paid) people at work who still use the excuse that the power went out and they can't join the meeting/training/dev session.

Sort your k@k out!
This isn't new and it's not going away.
Yeah we have that as well, I mean we even got memos sent out when load shedding started saying sort yourself out during load shedding. I sorted out the batteries on my inverter to power the laptop and monitor, I've also got 2 generators just in case only small ones. Other colleagues got big ass generators, yes I know it's expensive but you can try sort out R6k for a 720w inverter and 100ah battery just to power your laptop, fibre and monitors.
Frak just a quick search

RaptorSA

Expert Member
Yeah we have that as well, I mean we even got memos sent out when load shedding started saying sort yourself out during load shedding. I sorted out the batteries on my inverter to power the laptop and monitor, I've also got 2 generators just in case only small ones. Other colleagues got big ass generators, yes I know it's expensive but you can try sort out R6k for a 720w inverter and 100ah battery just to power your laptop, fibre and monitors.

Yeah also spent a decent amount of cash on inverter + lithium setup (apart from robot vacuum, best money I ever spent), not saying everyone can or should do that but bloody hell, getting a decent backup solution for router + CPE + laptop really isn't that expensive.

I get that SA is a sh*thole, but annoys me to no-end when people had years to adapt to something like this and just went "meh, I are victim".

Afon Kulikov

Forging
6b7.gif

LCBXX

Honorary Master
What is achieved by loadshedding during non-peak, other than reminding Citizens that the ANC looting is continuing?