Load shedding update for Thursday 12 February

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
So basically you're ignoring something to try and keep the lights on for showerheads pointless speech then Eskom?

K

kingrob

So basically you're ignoring something to try and keep the lights on for showerheads pointless speech then Eskom?
I am starting to think there is a conspiracy by the government and Eskom.

When they want more cash from the public, they nail the country with load shedding, but with government functions, there is absolutely no problem.

atomcrusher

Expert Member
I am starting to think there is a conspiracy by the government and Eskom.
I would like agree with you, but I have doubts that anyone in Eskom, or in the government, has the intelligence to think up a conspiracy

eg2505

Honorary Master
I would like agree with you, but I have doubts that anyone in Eskom, or in the government, has the intelligence to think up a conspiracy
maybe not goverment; but the peopel who could profit from its downfall; like those russian nuclear plant guys;

Compton_effect

Honorary Master
I still don't get it. How does he expect to get out unscathed?
He is going to get booed at the least. Or this will turn into a massive farce. Not even his own people will be able to keep a straight face if he says all is well and blame apartheid.

vaakseun

During stage one blackouts 1000MW of the national load is cut, 2000MW during stage two, and 4000MW in stage three.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
That post is only applicable once they announce actual loadshedding...

Announcements about possibly announcing loadshedding don't need that post.

Gaz{M}

Expert Member
or Eskom rescheduled planned maintenance to ensure that there would be enough generation online tonight. That does not mean that things can't still go horribly wrong, requiring load shedding.

Also, I believe last night's stage 2 loadshedding was to save water and diesel (in other words, they didn't use water or diesel last night so that they would have more tonight).

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
or Eskom rescheduled planned maintenance to ensure that there would be enough generation online tonight. That does not mean that things can't still go horribly wrong, requiring load shedding.

Also, I believe last night's stage 2 loadshedding was to save water and diesel (in other words, they didn't use water or diesel last night so that they would have more tonight).
You are more than likely correct on last nights stage 2....

But it just irritates me that we will put the countries national grid at risk, just so that showerhead can potentially speak nonsense for 2 hours.

mister

Executive Member
During stage one blackouts 1000MW of the national load is cut, 2000MW during stage two, and 4000MW in stage three.
So to confirm, during stage one blackouts 1000MW of the national load is cut, 2000MW during stage two, and 4000MW in stage three? Is that right?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Not sure why they don't continue load shedding, they don't load shed their voters anyway so it's not like anyone who honestly cares would be shedded anyway. Seeing as they cannot sort out the illegal connections.

vaakseun

So to confirm, during stage one blackouts 1000MW of the national load is cut, 2000MW during stage two, and 4000MW in stage three? Is that right?
I definitely think we need some clarification on this issue.

Tanarri

Not sure why they don't continue load shedding, they don't load shed their voters anyway so it's not like anyone who honestly cares would be shedded anyway. Seeing as they don't want to sort out the illegal connections.
Fixed :mad:

atomcrusher

Expert Member
I've been confused on this issue for quite some time now...
Just go here to learn about the stages of Loadshedding

http://loadshedding.eskom.co.za/

Interpreting Eskom load-shedding stages
Load shedding will be used under emergency conditions for limited periods.

Three schedules have now been developed based on the possibility of risk and to ensure that it is applied in a fair and equitable manner:

Stage 1 allows for up to 1000 MW of the national load to be shed.
Stage 2 allows for up to 2000 MW of the national load to be shed.
Stage 3 allows for up to 4000 MW of the national load to be shed.
Load shedding will be implemented in most instances in 2 hour blocks (with an additional 30 minutes for switching between blocks) during the period 05:00 to 21:30. You therefore may be without electricity for 2,5 hours