Load-shedding will return in South Africa

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
The issue is, even those of us who don't vote ANC, are affected. Not voting ANC, voting for any other party will NOT affect this.
Bolox at least the money management will see the the money is spent on the country and infrastructure and not themselves

XTM

Eh? hardly any businesses left?
You dreaming bud. In my town alone most of businesses closed down incl car dealers, factories in industrial area. Is about 3 out of 10 still operational. most of mines are closed down too. SA businesses are dead

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
You dreaming bud. In my town alone most of businesses closed down incl car dealers, factories in industrial area. Is about 3 out of 10 still operational. most of mines are closed down too. SA businesses are dead
You must live in a pretty shyte town then....

If SA Business is dead, then why are some guys spending billions building new offices and commercial spaces?

Swa

Honorary Master
They were not the ones I was referring to.
Then which ones as they are of the few exceptions. People are certainly not lining up to start new businesses and the spaces that were built here years ago are becoming empty in fact.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Then which ones as they are of the few exceptions. People are certainly not lining up to start new businesses and the spaces that were built here years ago are becoming empty in fact.
Really?

Good few businesses are being started up, others are growing... all the cranes in most major cities with the construction sites seem to indicate spaces are needed and not becoming empty.

Swa

Honorary Master
Really?

Good few businesses are being started up, others are growing... all the cranes in most major cities with the construction sites seem to indicate spaces are needed and not becoming empty.
Come over here and have a look then. Every time I walk through Carnival Mall new spaces are open and some never get filled again. A new restaurant opened right at the entrance where Spur used to be. There's never really any visitors and it was closed for around two weeks last year before taking another stab at it. Something I've never seen a restaurant need to do. It's not a business utopia out there.

neoprema

Expert Member
he worded it wrong, what he meant to say was "Eskom has finished planning how they will implement their load shedding plan to force government and business into giving them more millions..."

I wouldn't be suprised for 1 second if they're paying a "rent-a-saboteur" to break stuff and force shutdowns. If it is even a shutdown, since you could easily fake it technologically. Though more people would be aware of that..

Cr419

Executive Member
Come over here and have a look then. Every time I walk through Carnival Mall new spaces are open and some never get filled again. A new restaurant opened right at the entrance where Spur used to be. There's never really any visitors and it was closed for around two weeks last year before taking another stab at it. Something I've never seen a restaurant need to do. It's not a business utopia out there.
In Stellenbosch new buildings are still popping up all over the place. Between Gordons Bay and Paarl we've also had not only many new shops over the last few years, but also an extra mall or two, might be more even. So business is not doing to bad from my view.

Somerset has sanctuary, gordons bay/somerset had 2 new checkers complexes, paarl has old rembrandt, all new complexes. And those are only those that I can think of at the top of my mind now.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Won't make much difference to us, we've already been without power for most of this week in Jeppestown...

Swa

Honorary Master
In Stellenbosch new buildings are still popping up all over the place. Between Gordons Bay and Paarl we've also had not only many new shops over the last few years, but also an extra mall or two, might be more even. So business is not doing to bad from my view.

Somerset has sanctuary, gordons bay/somerset had 2 new checkers complexes, paarl has old rembrandt, all new complexes. And those are only those that I can think of at the top of my mind now.
You'd think that here as well. However the recent one is only someone that moved shop. The others are Toyota, Makro and a service station. Of these only the last two I know are new and they were erected in the last 5 years, before the real exodus started. Everyone was very enthusiastic 15 years ago but since then development has slowed down drastically and they're struggling to keep the mall occupied.