Local Audi S3 Style Exhausts for Audi A3?

GipsyD

Ok, some context.

Not too long ago I took delivery of my 2018 Audi S3 Sedan (There was a whole thread dedicated to what should replace my daily driver). The car was awesome, and pretty quick for such a small package. I really enjoyed the S3, and I wish I could get another one.

Note that I am speaking in the past tense. Unfortunately, about 2 weeks back, my S3 was involved in a pretty severe front end smash that totalled the car outright (My insurance company totalled it out on the basis of main frame and sub frame damage. Long story). As such, I don't have the car anymore, and my insurance has finally payed me out.

Now, instead of getting another S3. I figured I would save up and wait for the new A45S that is supposed to launch locally, but in the mean time, I would need a cheap daily driver to replace my S3. Step in, the Audi A3 Sedan.

Getting to the gist of this thread, I really liked the rear end of the S3 sedan, with the diffuser and quad exhaust, and I would love to have the same look on an A3 regardless. Are there any cheap exhaust options locally that I can get fitted to an A3 sedan?

I'm not too worried about sound, I'm more worried about looks.

Thanks for viewing!

asshat99

I would rather use the money to get into the car I actually want sooner. Especially if you plan to trade in the A3 - having some weird exhaust will reduce the value.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Go to any Powerflo, they can do the exhaust tips for you.

GipsyD

I would rather use the money to get into the car I actually want sooner. Especially if you plan to trade in the A3 - having some weird exhaust will reduce the value.
I don't plan on trading it in. I've learnt my lesson for not having a spare vehicle on hand. I plan to keep it as long as I can.

Tman*

Expert Member
They have branches country wide. Can manufacture what ever you need, and their pricing is not bad either

asshat99

I don't plan on trading it in. I've learnt my lesson for not having a spare vehicle on hand. I plan to keep it as long as I can.
Okay, I get it but still, lipstick on the pig. I would still focus on getting what I want earlier...

Ecko_1

You will need a lower diffuser to accommodate the quad pipes as well. Jabsport may have something for you. Just off umgeni road behind the stadium..

@ubercal is right about the quality offered by Flowtech exhaust. If not them then look at ACE.

Midnights_Ghost

Primaforce on Chris Hani Road has done all our exhausts for the last 3 vehicles. My car was done more than 7 years ago there and it's still sounding good. They are always busy, so you might have to make an appointment for your car

Also check Autostyle for rear diffusers. If they dont have they can source one for you, depends on who you speak to

GipsyD

Okay, I get it but still, lipstick on the pig. I would still focus on getting what I want earlier...
I hear you. Really I do. But now that my S3 is out of the picture, I am stuck without a car for a good couple of weeks. That's not going to fly in my books.

I want something that is a compromise, hence the A3, but I would also love to have it the way I like it, like with the Quad Exhausts.

GipsyD

Powerflow are your average run of the mill exhaust franchise.If u looking for a proper exhaust shop in DBN go to Flowtech.
I've heard of Flowtech, but I didn't think they were in Durban. What is their pricing like?

GipsyD

Primaforce on Chris Hani Road has done all our exhausts for the last 3 vehicles. My car was done more than 7 years ago there and it's still sounding good. They are always busy, so you might have to make an appointment for your car

Also check Autostyle for rear diffusers. If they dont have they can source one for you, depends on who you speak to
Fantastic stuff. I will definitely drop them a line ASAP. Thanks so much @Midnights_Ghost. I really appreciate the help here.

ubercal

Expert Member
I honestly wouldn't bother spending money on a car that I know is only temporary.

Especially not for looks only.
true , no logic in that plus an Audi A3 is nothing special anyway.Rather just save up for the car you really want.Although by the sounds of it you seems money is not really an issue.

ReeceDBN031

Go to TSC garage in springfield.
Kirshan can assist you possibly flash your ECU maybe even add a intake
:thumbsup:

ReeceDBN031

or if you want some proper one on one love.. go speak to schalk at 1221 tuning. the owe is a character and a half. very nice bloke

GipsyD

true , no logic in that plus an Audi A3 is nothing special anyway.Rather just save up for the car you really want.Although by the sounds of it you seems money is not really an issue.
Like I said before, even if I save up, I am going to be stuck without a car for a good couple months before the A45S lands in South Africa, so that is not going to fly in my books. I even spoke to Mercedes and asked them about the launch date. They told me that the first A45S' are to land locally in early of next year, and that the best I can do now is get an allocation for one in the mean time.

The A35 doesn't make sense to me at this point in time, which is why I'm not even considering it.

Yea....That's kind of an issue.