Local Government Elections 2011

AntiThesis

Executive Member
So, local Govt. elections happen in May next year. How many of you are going to go out and vote for someone?

I know a load of folks certainly complain about the current people in power...

TonyHawk

Expert Member
Too early to start this debate... too many idiots still need to trip over each other for some anc limelight :D

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Can we vote online? hehe

Where do they hold these so called "local elections"?????? Everytime I just hear on the radio that it happened and the ANC won again! bleh!

AntiThesis

Executive Member
No voting online unfortunately :D

The IEC will be having two voter registration weekends early next year - wards are changing in some places so you'll have to check where you'll be voting. Exactly the same process (and normally place) as your full scale elections.

The reason why you keep hearing that the ANC won is because nobody goes out and votes :)

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
No voting online unfortunately :D

The reason why you keep hearing that the ANC won is because nobody goes out and votes :)

Because nobody knows about it! lol

I will seriously try to look out for these mythical elections next year. Me want Helen Zolle to rule my suburb! *grin*

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Well, to start off with: Check if you're registered to vote
Then, check where your voting station is (these may change as wards do sometimes shift)

Cool...thank you!. I dont see a "Register" button for the voters roll anywhere! We cant even register for that online and then just go and vote at the station! What are we????? Cave people? hehe

Seriously though....I wish they would start looking at online voting. Standing in those q's is such a mood killer I tell you! bleh!

AntiThesis

Executive Member
I think some enterprising political party should hand out umbrellas and comfy chairs to people waiting in line. Just a couple hundred of those white plastic jobs would help.

Maybe sell some cooldrink.

Were I not involved with a party, I'd sell stuff :D

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
I think some enterprising political party should hand out umbrellas and comfy chairs to people waiting in line. Just a couple hundred of those white plastic jobs would help.

Maybe sell some cooldrink.

Were I not involved with a party, I'd sell stuff :D

Oh really....may I ask which one?

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
I'm a branch chairman for the DA here - small branch at the moment (since I only just started it) but so far going pretty well.

Ah cool man. So you can be our mybb DA representative then! :)

MickeyD

RIP
So, local Govt. elections happen in May next year. How many of you are going to go out and vote for someone?
I have always cast my vote, since the first time I was allowed to vote.

If you don't vote then don't EVER bitch about what is happening around you!

AntiThesis

Executive Member
So, bringing this up again :)

Registrations are nearly upon us! If you're not registered to vote, go do so this weekend (5th and 6th February).

Some things you should know about this registration period:

1) The second registration weekend is scheduled for March 5th and 6th (though this may change)
2) If you aren't registered where you live, you need to re-register! Last election, you could vote anywhere as long as you were registered. This has changed.
3) Many wards have changed around the country since the last election - check that you're registered in the correct ward and you know where the station is!
4) Registration is open from 6am to 6pm on both days.

Sadly, I'll be on duty for the whole cycle this time round so spare a thought for all us poor schmucks :D

genetic

Honorary Master
Local government elections are almost MORE IMPORTANT than national!!! GO REGISTER AND VOTE!!!!

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
Local government elections are almost MORE IMPORTANT than national!!! GO REGISTER AND VOTE!!!!

I'm already registered but my wife needs to re-register. Will be doing so this weekend ;)