Lockdown booze recipes

s0lar

Expert Member
I do...and ordered my GrainFather and Sparge water container...this hobby is addictave....AND you can drink it

Damn last I checked no stock of grainfarther anywhere. Where did you order from?

Got going on my corny keg keezer build this weekend will hopefully finish up next weekend. No rush have an APA on the go will only be ready the week after in any event.

Reactions: GAD

s0lar

Expert Member
Yup, have gone full grain brewing since lockdown...used to do extract before.

Likewise, problem is wife is not impressed with an entire shelf in the fridge being taken up with hops. :ROFL: Until showed her the bulk saving on hops and malt that is. My mill has already paid for itself with bulk malts, kids enjoy doing the milling too. Win win.

GAD

Damn last I checked no stock of grainfarther anywhere. Where did you order from?

Got going on my corny keg keezer build this weekend will hopefully finish up next weekend. No rush have an APA on the go will only be ready the week after in any event.
Yes true...mine is on a back order for early January... From my local brew shop...can't wait.

The Keezer is also on my bucket list but I need to kill one monster at a time.

I did sort out a fementation fridge with a MJ STC temp controller.

Regulating ferm temps at 20°c on top and noticed the freezer at the bottom doing between 2°c and 5°c so bottle conditioning my beers and cold crashing in the freezer. Maybe a good place for the hops too.

Where did you purchase the hops from.

I will also need a mill and that might be my next monster to kill

Snyper564

Executive Member
Bump, wondering if the brewing bug bit and are still brewing after lockdown?
Yup, I am fully kitted out. I make 10-23l batches at a time and can brew any beer at the moment. Even have an almost 4 month old 10.5% barleywine conditioning for Christmas.

I am even trying experimental batches last batch was an incredible smoked ported and next batch will be a attempt to clone this

1607882365157.png

s0lar

Expert Member
I am even trying experimental batches last batch was an incredible smoked ported and next batch will be a attempt to clone this

View attachment 974856

My current APA is also an attempt at a local clone. When I lived in JHB we would go out to the Cockpit brewhouse out in Cullinan specifically for the on tap Mustang APA this time of year.

Hopefully it will come out close, if not will be putting a couple of batch until it does. I only have the hop and malt list from the the “African brew” book I got a few years back. As good a start as any.

All in all, we got some damn good local beers.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
What time is Uncle Cyril chatting to us tonight?

Make your own homemade pineapple beer using three ingredients

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Made some mead the other day, good stuff but the fermentation and racking time means not a quick fix...

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
First 10l batch of 2021 Crapple Syder is in.

I forgot how much sugar I used to use - is a OG of 1.0675* sufficient or should I add more?

* measured with a refractometer

Toxxyc

Executive Member
First 10l batch of 2021 Crapple Syder is in.

I forgot how much sugar I used to use - is a OG of 1.0675* sufficient or should I add more?

* measured with a refractometer
1.068 is toight. You're looking at 7.5%~8% ABV there.