Lockdown booze recipes

B-1

Expert Member
Will open it after work. Hope nothing jumps out.

Its like taking a big gulp straight from the milk jug in the fridge and then your brain goes.... Hang on something's not right here and then you realize its well past expiry. But if you pour it in a glass and smell it first like your mother and wife tells you to do its easier to pick up if something is dodgy.

Toxxyc

Executive Member
Alrighty, so do you do corrections on your refractometer readings?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Alrighty, so do you do corrections on your refractometer readings?
No. I don't have a hydrometer... and I'm just fermenting fruit juice so I really don't care ;)

I really just want to know when the fermentation phase is over so I can bottle it. From what I've read corrections aren't necessary for that. If my ABV is off I'll survive.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Yeah
This isn't the Award-Winning Craft IPA Beer thread
This thread is for backyard alcoholics making pineapple moonshine and such other similar concoctions

eg2505

Honorary Master
Yeah
This isn't the Award-Winning Craft IPA Beer thread
This thread is for backyard alcoholics making pineapple moonshine and such other similar concoctions

I do wonder sometimes, if the government considers sharing booze knowledge as illegal,

seeing as everybody doing it, and its depriving them of so much income.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator

Toxxyc

Executive Member
No. I don't have a hydrometer... and I'm just fermenting fruit juice so I really don't care ;)

I really just want to know when the fermentation phase is over so I can bottle it. From what I've read corrections aren't necessary for that. If my ABV is off I'll survive.
Problem is, if your readings are taken using a refractometer, and fermentation has already begun, those readings aren't accurate. A refractometer doesn't work when there's alcohol in the solution, and then requires correction. What's your current refractometer reading, and what was the reading before you added yeast (original gravity)?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Problem is, if your readings are taken using a refractometer, and fermentation has already begun, those readings aren't accurate. A refractometer doesn't work when there's alcohol in the solution, and then requires correction. What's your current refractometer reading, and what was the reading before you added yeast (original gravity)?
The OG was 1.068. Today’s reading is 1.032.