Lockdown is losing the support of South Africans

Fox1

Expert Member
It's a double edged sword, look at countries that were relaxed with implementation of the lockdown and how fast the numbers have grown, the latest being Brazil. Our problem is their wasn't enough money to go around before the lockdown began and the R350 unemployment grant is the cherry on the top to show that.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Are South Africans really mad that the government is trying to protect us from reaching Spain/Italy numbers with our inferior healthcare system? Weird bunch.
No, we're getting gatvol of the dick swining and the absolute destruction that is being wrought on our once fragile (and no fscked) economy... There is more and more research out there that indicates a lockdown doesn't bring significant benefit over more basic methods (social distancing, prohibiting large gatherings, limiting provincial travel). Getting people to stay in their houses, and shut down vast swathes of the economy is more than likely ultimately counter productive to the saving lives mantra that is being pushed.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Are South Africans really mad that the government is trying to protect us from reaching Spain/Italy numbers with our inferior healthcare system? Weird bunch.
If that was the case why did they decide that you can't drink, smoke, take a walk, order takeout, get freaking clothes, get pillows, be able to fix things when they break and and? They also forgot a lot of the population live hand to mouth and are locked in the worst conditions so they don't give a flying fig about you.
This actually just seems like an exercise in having something to blame for a failing economy

themba990

Expert Member
The UK has 20,000 covid-19 deaths with their more 'relaxed' social distancing rules... How many hospital beds do we have in total?

Lupus

Honorary Master
I think a lot of people would not complain about the lockdown if the could just go for a walk and buy alcohol online for delivery.
If you could buy most things online, I mean it took 3 weeks to get a garden broom as a lot of the time it was locked away.
Can't buy a mattresses, clothes, pillows, can't buy headsets but can buy a charger for one??
But this is the middle class, the poor are over the lockdown because they are starving which generally causes unhappiness

Nerhzelok

Expert Member
I just want to walk my dags

I just want to ****ing walk my god damn dog and have a cold beer afterwards!! Just when my puppy was getting really good at walking with me (heeling) and not being so leash reactive. >.<

• Wow
Reactions: McT