Lockdown is losing the support of South Africans

HideInLight

Expert Member
She adds that the loss of income has led to a 20% spike in the number of horses being euthanised with between 300 to 400 horse currently facing the fate every month, as well as, horse abandonments, resulting in the loss of jobs and bloodlines. The NHA expects the number of euthanised horses to increase by 50% per month if racing continues to be banned in SA.

Can add horses to the lockdown death toll

ponder

Honorary Master
If you go out things are worse than in normal times, there are now more people out and about as they are not at work. The general populous seems to give no fscks wrt to the govs totalitarian attitude, the gov fscked up when they went Gestapo on the people. You not gonna put this genie back in the bottle...

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
I thought this was pretty good:

Indeed - thank you, great post.

These people who are so blase about the halting of economic life, and who bristle at any suggestion that the lockdown should be eased, pose a graver threat to the future of the UK than coronavirus does. They are a menace to liberty, reason and people’s livelihoods. Our society is taking steps to tackle Covid – now we need a huge collective effort to face down lockdown fanaticism.

Similar problem in South Africa

1589027478549.png

Capetown505

Hundreds and hundreds of people walking through Belleville, in my area where everyone is wearing masks and keeping there distance and even when driving to shop the police are stopping cars. Why don’t I just go to Belleville, I can be free again, buy alcohol,get takeaways direct from even franchised takeaways. A friend of mine went there this morning and even got a carton of blue styversant and only R450. He said he dealt free again.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
If you go out things are worse than in normal times, there are now more people out and about as they are not at work. The general populous seems to give no fscks wrt to the govs totalitarian attitude, the gov fscked up when they went Gestapo on the people. You not gonna put this genie back in the bottle...
The part that is annoying for me... There are more people out, but now shopping has become a bloody all day chore thanks to queues and queues of people. Went to my local woolies and the queue was comfortably 50 people long....

Lupus

Honorary Master
The part that is annoying for me... There are more people out, but now shopping has become a bloody all day chore thanks to queues and queues of people. Went to my local woolies and the queue was comfortably 50 people long....
I went out and eventually ended up at the small checkers down the road as all the bigger ones have massive queues, yet during the week they are fine.
I'm so getting over this and the constant public service announcements on the radio and and argh. Also I can't wear the bloody mask for long I start to feel light headed

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I went out and eventually ended up at the small checkers down the road as all the bigger ones have massive queues, yet during the week they are fine.
I'm so getting over this and the constant public service announcements on the radio and and argh. Also I can't wear the bloody mask for long I start to feel light headed
That's the choice the middle class takes for granted when they are busy looking down and judging poor people doing their shopping, if one is crowded you just hop back into your car and drive to the next one around the corner.

ToxicBunny

Yup... Contemplating shifting around my working hours just so I can do shopping during the week when things are sort of calm.

MissMapp

Indeed - thank you, great post.

Similar problem in South Africa

View attachment 837475
This bit:
Lockdown fanatics are so convinced of their moral rectitude, so bound up in anti-Covid zealotry, so enjoying their part in the culture of fear and the culture of condemnation against anyone who breaks lockdown, that they just zone out the terrible things that theyare helping to bring about.

Lupus

Honorary Master
That's the choice the middle class takes for granted when they are busy looking down and judging poor people doing their shopping, if one is crowded you just hop back into your car and drive to the next one around the corner.
Who is looking down or judging? Why would you think I'd look down on them?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Yup... Contemplating shifting around my working hours just so I can do shopping during the week when things are sort of calm.
I'm lucky I finish at 3pm so I can pop out at that time. It's the only way, the Spars are coining it though as they don't have the queues

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
This bit:
Lockdown fanatics are so convinced of their moral rectitude, so bound up in anti-Covid zealotry, so enjoying their part in the culture of fear and the culture of condemnation against anyone who breaks lockdown, that they just zone out the terrible things that they are helping to bring about.

100% agree.

ToxicBunny

I'm lucky I finish at 3pm so I can pop out at that time. It's the only way, the Spars are coining it though as they don't have the queues
The super Spar near me had a massive queue today when I drove passed.

ponder

Honorary Master

My spar has massive queues. After waiting in line getting in the other day I joined the paying queue, opted for the express line as I only had 2 items, as I go to the counter the fsckers closed the express counter because the card machine is too slow and was told to go join the other queue, I think visible steam must have been rising from my ears...

Lupus

Honorary Master
The super Spar near me had a massive queue today when I drove passed.
Wow okay, luckily mine didn't. I'm trying to figure out why the people queue almost 500 m or more to get into a food lovers or a checkers. I mean I could understand a Tops or something

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Who is looking down or judging? Why would you think I'd look down on them?
I wasn't referring to you personally, I didn't think there was anything in the post that implies I am talking about you.