Lockdown regulations declared invalid and unconstitutional by high court

xrapidx

Honorary Master
So - can you be charged with a crime (like surfing) if its unconstitutional?

John Tempus

Expert Member
Stated the fact our rights being infringed is unconstitutional even before level 4 and was laughed at.

Took the courts this long to read the same fine print.

I guess the courts waited just long enough for the economy to be devastated, what a shame.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Stated the fact our rights being infringed is unconstitutional even before level 4 and was laughed at.

Took the courts this long to read the same fine print.

I guess the courts waited just long enough for the economy to be devastated, what a shame.
Someone has to bring a case. That's how the system works.

Plenty of people agreed that the regulations were at the very least illegal in terms of the disaster management act. Which they are.

daveza

Honorary Master
Would be more clear if they mentioned which regulations were unconstitutional and whether they need to be removed or how they can me remade so as to not infringe on our rights.

But knowing our government they will just spend our money appealing this.

itsme2

Nice. Let the floodgates open. I for one think this is the best use of taxpayers money. We need to sue these individuals for violation of our rights, our constitution, and the destruction of our economy. Best use of this cash yet!

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Would be more clear if they mentioned which regulations were unconstitutional and whether they need to be removed or how they can me remade so as to not infringe on our rights.

But knowing our government they will just spend our money appealing this.
I named the valid regulations in this post,

this ruling also didn't cover tobacco and alcohol which is pending on case 21688/2020. The problem is, the lawmakers are the government. They will make amendments and it will require interpretation, again. The court may make recommendations, but they will make recommendations on the reviews and amendments made.

lkswan747

Expert Member
Why did this have to be decided by a court of law? I am not a lawyer, but knew from the beginning that the regulations were a load of bullshyte. Where is the scientific proof about tobacco products including vaping, contributing to the SPREAD of the COVID-19 virus as the main reason for the lockdown was to reduce the spread of the virus! Why is it that first world countries have not banned tobacco products but a third world (sh*thole country) has the expertise to implement such a ban?

Quicks

Good hope they drop this to level 0 in two weeks time, they had 66 Days to prepare over 2 Months!!!