Locking a line

I just called the call center right now to lock my prepaid sim card as I lost it this morning. The agent said MTN dont lock prepaid lines. Why? So now someone else will find it and use the airtime and data.

isie

Executive Member
I just called the call center right now to lock my prepaid sim card as I lost it this morning. The agent said MTN dont lock prepaid lines. Why? So now someone else will find it and use the airtime and data.
just go do a sim swap - and the airtime is your again

just go do a sim swap - and the airtime is your again
I can only perform this over the weekend now. I bought a sim card that was pre rica'd at the garage. Because I could not provide 3 numbers " Sim card is used for data services only" to the agent the request could not be performed. As I failed authentication. 3 numbers I could not really provide and my last recharge which i knew as I recharged this morning. From now until weekend is far.

Sim swap, and explain to them the sim was only used for data services, and that you have made no calls with the sim card.

Tell them you have recharged with however much, bought however much data etc.

isie

Executive Member
I can only perform this over the weekend now. I bought a sim card that was pre rica'd at the garage. Because I could not provide 3 numbers " Sim card is used for data services only" to the agent the request could not be performed. As I failed authentication. 3 numbers I could not really provide and my last recharge which i knew as I recharged this morning. From now until weekend is far.
Sim swap, and explain to them the sim was only used for data services.
^ this

The Pre Rica'd sim card thing. Is a
bit of a grey area in my opinion. It's rules & regulations are not inforced /carried out / policed by RICA it self properly. Funny thing is , Reps ( Not from the mobile operator directly) deliver these sim cards to shops. Mainly the house shops.