Longer articles, especially interviews

saor

Honorary Master
@Bradley Prior @Jamie McKane

Any chance interviews can be longer and have more details & depth? The recent interview with David Kan was a great opportunity to get his perspective on a few things that would've made a good long read, but instead it's really short and without much substance. It's like the article was written with an audience in mind that can't pay attention for more than 30 seconds. You've got the space, this isn't twitter. Give us something to sink our teeth into every now & then.

ekske1

Executive Member
Personal Opinion

Lately there has been a lot of hate and 'attacks' towards specifically Mybroadband News division and the Journalists and this comes from forum members who have been here for a long time and the newbies who quack after them like ducks.

There are ways to discuss articles and issues at hand without having to personally attack a journalist and mybroadband.

And if you really feel like breaking down a journalist, why don't you have the guts to PM them personally? What are you achieving by publicly attacking them.

I have been a forumite since 2012 and the blog side or news side has been the same for the last decade at least. Nothing has changed. Staff Writer is still Staff Writer. Deals are still Massive. It was massive then, it is massive now. Nothing has suddenly changed. Surely you should be grownup enough by now to be able to stop reading something you never liked. At least for the last decade.

In my view these attacks on the journalists and mybroadband is tiring and make actual discussions about the topic useless as comments get lost between a bunch of moaning adults. And when something that is actually an issue is being discussed and you come with the attacks it is not helping.

How can we expect journalists, writers and RPM to respect our opinions if we don't respect them.

Don't hear what I am not saying. I don't say articles, forums issues, headings etc. should not be discussed. I am just saying that this can be done without the attacks and hate towards Mybroadband and the staff, specially if you have been here and carry the 'Honorary Master' title.

Lets rather work together to keep the forum a family and not attack those who made and still make it possible.

(I am not innocent, so also speaking to myself)
@saor

Rather pm them :thumbsup:

Its always been like this :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sugarman

Making Sugar

Any chance interviews can be longer and have more details & depth? The recent interview with David Kan was a great opportunity to get his perspective on a few things that would've made a good long read, but instead it's really short and without much substance. It's like the article was written with an audience in mind that can't pay attention for more than 30 seconds. You've got the space, this isn't twitter. Give us something to sink our teeth into every now & then.
Have you actually met the lot here? 30 seconds is too much.........

ohhh I wonder if my twitter account still works........

ekske1

Executive Member
Have you actually met the lot here? 30 seconds is too much.........

ohhh I wonder if my twitter account still works........
pffft. Deleted mine a while a go as it was only used to get telkom to cancel.

RedViking

Nord of the South

I also thought it was rather short. Not sure if one can call it an interview. Maybe they just asked him to answer 10short questions. Longer and in depth interviews would really be great.