LOOK: Spearfisherman rushed to hospital after shooting himself at KZN beach

Grant

Honorary Master
now he knows how the fish feel about all this malarky

schumi

Honorary Master
Pastor hails 'miracle' after accidentally spearing own face

Pastor Connie Hallowell, from eMkhomazi, believes it was a “miracle” that he survived a near-death experience when he accidentally triggered his spear gun and shot himself in the face.

Hallowell, 48, the pastor at City Hill Church and an avid scuba diver, was flown to a hospital in Pietermaritzburg where the spear was cut out of his face following the freak incident.

He told the Sunday Tribune that the accident near Scottburgh’s main beach was the first time he had been injured since he became a scuba diver more than a decade ago.

Speaking on Saturday from the hospital, with his wife Cathy and their two daughters, Cayla and Katie, at his bedside, Hallowell said he felt “good and strong” after the emergency operation that took about 45 minutes to remove the spear. Recalling the incident, he said that he was fishing for crayfish when the incident happened.

“I put my gun down while I was trying to get some sinkers out of the rocks. A big wave came, and with that wave in action, I tried to remove the gun, and the trigger went off and fired the spear into my face.”

More at : https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-af...after-accidentally-spearing-own-face-31630607

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I've seen someone mention that apparently he was coming in to shore with loaded bands and got rolled by some surf. Gun triggered and now he has sinus problems for the rest of his life.

Facepalm picture is perfect.

View attachment 706965

Shame, poor guy. Hopefully he recovers from this. He must be finding it tough to go out in public again.

Next time he'll think twice about wearing pants like that incase someone is in an accident and he ends up on the news again.

Glock26

Expert Member
Must be huge crayfish that require a spear gun like that....