Looking for a business partner for a new venture

Duan

I have an exciting new opportunity but need a partner, not only for BBBEE, but also to be actively involved in building the business.

Capital is not a requirement as such, but you should not have expectations of a high paying salary (at least not initially).

If you are:
* (and both your parents are) South African (has SA ID book)
* Black (not Indian or other group sometimes also classified as black under certain conditions)
* Female
* Willing to work with a white middle aged male as a partner
* Tech savvy (you will have to prove yourself)
* Hard working
* Principled and not a walk over
* a highly motivated self starter
* a person with a strong internal locus of control
* someone with high moral standards (no criminal record or interest in tender bribes)
* holding a tertiary degree from a recognised and respected university
* someone with a long term vision
* free of consumer debt
* living in Gauteng (central is ideal)

... you may just be the partner I am looking for.

If so, please send me a PM with your CV and/or a link to your LinkedIn Profile.

Thanks!

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Wonder why the parents need to be SOuth African.
I'm guessing where the broad part of the BBBEE comes in?

But ya think OP will have to change his game plan...long list of onerous requirements and zero hint as to why anyone should be interested isn't exactly going to cause high quality CVs to roll in.

Last edited:

PsyWulf

Executive Member
You've provided zero info on which industry / field of work this is in.
Why would people send a CV for a job that's likely unrelated to a field they're interested in?
Its an info harvesting scam to target certain types of trusting individuals with spare change :eek:

Duan

You've provided zero info on which industry / field of work this is in.
Why would people send a CV for a job that's likely unrelated to a field they're interested in?
I will as them why they did it. If relevant I will let you know.

saor

Honorary Master
I will as them why they did it.
I don't understand.
You're going to ask applicants why they applied?
Be a whole lot easier if you just said which field / what kind of job.

You're wasting people's time. Not just submitting CV's, but now they also have to go through some screening process or whatever only to hear you offer them a job in a field they have no interest in.

Duan

I don't understand.
You're going to ask applicants why they applied?
Be a whole lot easier if you just said which field / what kind of job.

You're wasting people's time. Not just submitting CV's, but now they also have to go through some screening process or whatever only to hear you offer them a job in a field they have no interest in.
I am not offering a job.

I am looking for a partner to build a business with.

I actually have more than one opportunity, but the person is more important than the field or industry. However people are generally quite flexible.

I thought I was quite clear about it being tech related by explicitly stated a requirement to prove tech skills, a generalist is quite acceptable.

No, you are right, life is NOT fair. But you can choose to make it work better or worse.

It is highly unlikely that I will be wasting someone’s time if she meets all the criteria specified.

The reality is that there are probably VERY few people who are likely to meet the requirements.

Thanks for all the input.

Its probably safer for both parties if you find someone you already know and have some trust in instead of finding some random person on myBB

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
This is like trying to catch a fish without putting bait on the hook and promising the fish to just bite the hook cause it'll be worthwhile

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
I'm thinking you'll have a lot more success if you contact universities and ask for list of alumni's. Albeit,you'll have to sell it a lot better than this for them to want to provide you these details.

Or contact the - spit - BMF and ask them to help you out?