Looking for a certain type of club/pub in Cape Town.

Kilgore_Trout_Redux

Executive Member
Hi folks,

I hope someone can help me out with this.

My wife and I are looking for a nice pub/club with a fire place, that is bereft of yuppies, underaged - over-exposed teenage girls, drunken varsity students and rutting teenage boys.

The sort of place where in winter you can while away a few hours on a couch by a fire with a few Scotch's and hear each other above the music. A pool or snooker table would be a plus.

We used to go to Morton's in the Waterfront which used to fit the bill nicely but it has since been shut down and replaced by some mindless, yuppie tourist trap.

Any ideas?

I'm even considering joining Kelvin at this point.

medicnick83

Paramedic
Fireman's Arms in town is great.

Then, a touch of madness in obs is also very cool.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Hi folks,

I hope someone can help me out with this.

My wife and I are looking for a nice pub/club with a fire place, that is bereft of yuppies, underaged - over-exposed teenage girls, drunken varsity students and rutting teenage boys.

The sort of place where in winter you can while away a few hours on a couch by a fire with a few Scotch's and hear each other above the music. A pool or snooker table would be a plus.

We used to go to Morton's in the Waterfront which used to fit the bill nicely but it has since been shut down and replaced by some mindless, yuppie tourist trap.

Any ideas?

I'm even considering joining Kelvin at this point.
Same kind of place I'm looking for.

Have you been to Bascule at the Cape Grace?