Looking for a gym buddy @ Planet Fitness - Centurion

Fireball

Hi, guys!

I'm getting back into shape after a year layoff from the gym (long, complicated story), and looking for someone whose perhaps also seeking a gym buddy.

I work out at the Gateway Planet Fitness in Centurion (there by the Primi Piatti and Outdoor Warehouse just before the N1 turn-off)

For now I'm hitting the weights 3x a week (M-W-F) in the early morning (5 AM), doing mostly compound lifts (5x5), with a few isolation lifts worked in to fill whatever gaps there are.

I'm also itching to start boxing again (as soon as I get some gloves come payday), so if you're keen on doing a bit of bag work / friendly sparring on the non-lifting days, that would be a bonus.

Anyone interested? I'm looking for someone dedicated whose not going to flake on me after the first month. You spot my lift, I'll spot yours ;).

My current stats (very low at the moment, but muscle memory should hopefully kick in and bump me back up to something more decent soon :D):
Bodyweight: 85 KG @ 14% BF
Bench: 60 KG
Squat: 75 KG
Deadlift: 85 KG

Again, I know those are newbie numbers, but it's been a long layoff :eek:

Anyone interested?

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Great idea! Doubt I would find anyone from the Gym company Winchester Hills =/

divan009

I cant be the only one

Hi, guys!

I'm getting back into shape after a year layoff from the gym (long, complicated story), and looking for someone whose perhaps also seeking a gym buddy.

I work out at the Gateway Planet Fitness in Centurion (there by the Primi Piatti and Outdoor Warehouse just before the N1 turn-off)

For now I'm hitting the weights 3x a week (M-W-F) in the early morning (5 AM), doing mostly compound lifts (5x5), with a few isolation lifts worked in to fill whatever gaps there are.

I'm also itching to start boxing again (as soon as I get some gloves come payday), so if you're keen on doing a bit of bag work / friendly sparring on the non-lifting days, that would be a bonus.

Anyone interested? I'm looking for someone dedicated whose not going to flake on me after the first month. You spot my lift, I'll spot yours ;).

My current stats (very low at the moment, but muscle memory should hopefully kick in and bump me back up to something more decent soon :D):
Bodyweight: 85 KG @ 14% BF
Bench: 60 KG
Squat: 75 KG
Deadlift: 85 KG

Again, I know those are newbie numbers, but it's been a long layoff :eek:

Anyone interested?
I'm also at the Gateway Mega club, joined this month, but I am so lost when it comes to gym. I have never attended gym in my life and have been overweight since I was 5 and finally lost a huge load with a diet. But it feels like I am just wasting my time to be honest because I just end up on the cycles for half an hour and then I go home. Can anyone recommend a guide for newbies?

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
I'm also at the Gateway Mega club, joined this month, but I am so lost when it comes to gym. I have never attended gym in my life and have been overweight since I was 5 and finally lost a huge load with a diet. But it feels like I am just wasting my time to be honest because I just end up on the cycles for half an hour and then I go home. Can anyone recommend a guide for newbies?

Every time you hit the gym, take a pic and post it on facebook. That's the best gym motivation.

TehStranger

Executive Member
Do you even lift? Wanted: Gym buddy

Need to be able to spot me, I'll spot you back (in you know what I mean).
Can't giggle when we have towel fights in the change rooms.
Must excessively use the words Brah, Boet, Chom and Oke.
Needs to have a thick, solid, tight physique
Remember - It's only gay if you make eye contact

If you're interested in getting sweaty together while showing off our muscles, PM me now.

(No homo)

Fireball

Hey, Divan. Congrats on the weight loss, man!

One of my favorite websites when it comes to working out and fitness in general is http://www.muscleforlife.com. Mike Matthews (website owner/blogger) really knows his stuff and actually reads (and explains) the scientific research in easy to understand ways. It's one of my go-to resources, and I'd recommend it over http://www.bodybuilding.com any day!

Fireball

@Centurion12345
I managed to find a partner, sorry mate. I'm leaving this thread up if someone else is looking. Cheers!