Looking for a urologist in Cape Town for vasectomy

The Darkness

Expert Member
Primary reasons: kids are expensive, we have enough kids on the planet (if I do decide I want a couple later, I'll adopt) I don't want to raise kids after seeing what a lot of people I know have to deal with...
You're missing the point, and I hate this rationale. If you're so worried about how many people are on the planet, then why stay yourself? Nothing altruistic about your comment. You're not 'saving the World'. You should realise that your ancestors struggled and fought to survive and further their lineage, and you're happy to cancel that? Then, trust me, the Universe will provide you with what you need, when you need it. When you start a family, new doors will open for you. Lastly, people who have to 'deal with' their children often are poor at parenting, and importantly, children mirror and reflect their parents' behaviour. It all starts with yourself. 37 is reaching your last chances to make a family, and you'll be missing out on one of the real joys of living. Trust me, responsibility creates purpose, and purpose creates harmony.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Cute, Im sure your warm fuzzy feelings you get from seeing your spawn fill you with joy.
You then feel the need to tell people who dont want kids how wrong they are and that the internet told them not to have kids.

My wife and I dont have kids because kids suck.

Not sure what you want here... well done?

zolly

Expert Member
You're missing the point, and I hate this rationale. If you're so worried about how many people are on the planet, then why stay yourself? Nothing altruistic about your comment. You're not 'saving the World'. You should realise that your ancestors struggled and fought to survive and further their lineage, and you're happy to cancel that? Then, trust me, the Universe will provide you with what you need, when you need it. When you start a family, new doors will open for you. Lastly, people who have to 'deal with' their children often are poor at parenting, and importantly, children mirror and reflect their parents' behaviour. It all starts with yourself. 37 is reaching your last chances to make a family, and you'll be missing out on one of the real joys of living. Trust me, responsibility creates purpose, and purpose creates harmony.

1) Why stay myself - I asked myself that same question a lot growing up. Mostly because I wouldn't want to put my family through the pain of me taking my own life. Also, I do have things I enjoy doing, and helping people where I can. If I was dead I couldn't do any of this.

2) My ancestors struggled - Why do I give a **** about my dead ancestors?

3) The universe will provide - Sure, tell that to all the people with 5+ kids running around in poverty. No thanks.

4) "Poor" parents are the ones who complain - No, these are people who didn't expect how much strain a child can put on themselves, their families, their relationships. And that's normal kids. My partner works with special needs children and the things those parents have to go through...

5) Missing out on the real joys of living - Maybe. But I have enough joy in my life right now.

6) "Purpose" - So single people don't have purpose in their life? A lot of single people changed the world in far more significant ways than just popping out babies. I have enough responsibility to keep me focused 99% of the time, and the other 1% I just want to relax.

But yes, to each his own. Thanks to those who have shared recommendations.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
I almost felt the need to reply with "Ok boomer" but considering Im in that age category it would just be weird.

Well I hope you got what you came for? You had your little rant, couldn't quite reach to the "OK boomer" quip but you added it anyway and you have shared a bunch of private information completely unprompted.

Success?

SlinkyMike

Executive Member

Not sure I agree with you because your post seems to prescribe parenting as mandatory. That is not the case nor should it be.

Plenty of kids and grown ups out there with god awful parents.

"Childfrees" do have to live in peace among humans of all ages though, that is mandatory but they seem to struggle with this concept.

The Darkness

Expert Member
1) Why stay myself - I asked myself that same question a lot growing up. Mostly because I wouldn't want to put my family through the pain of me taking my own life. Also, I do have things I enjoy doing, and helping people where I can. If I was dead I couldn't do any of this.

2) My ancestors struggled - Why do I give a **** about my dead ancestors?

3) The universe will provide - Sure, tell that to all the people with 5+ kids running around in poverty. No thanks.

4) "Poor" parents are the ones who complain - No, these are people who didn't expect how much strain a child can put on themselves, their families, their relationships. And that's normal kids. My partner works with special needs children and the things those parents have to go through...

5) Missing out on the real joys of living - Maybe. But I have enough joy in my life right now.

6) "Purpose" - So single people don't have purpose in their life? A lot of single people changed the world in far more significant ways than just popping out babies. I have enough responsibility to keep me focused 99% of the time, and the other 1% I just want to relax.

But yes, to each his own. Thanks to those who have shared recommendations.
All good points and responses. Hopefully you don’t change your mind. 37 is still young. Sis you find an urologist?

The Darkness

Expert Member
Not sure I agree with you because your post seems to prescribe parenting as mandatory. That is not the case nor should it be.

Plenty of kids and grown ups out there with god awful parents.

"Childfrees" do have to live in peace among humans of all ages though, that is mandatory but they seem to struggle with this concept.
yeah that wasn’t my intention. I just know that I felt exactly the same as the OP at some point and I can’t even put into words the joy my kids brought into my life. But great points from all.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
yeah that wasn’t my intention. I just know that I felt exactly the same as the OP at some point and I can’t even put into words the joy my kids brought into my life. But great points from all.

I didn't really think so. I think it's just important to understand where people are coming from.

I'm a bit more ambivalent about parenting for instance, I might not have wanted kids were it not for my wife tbh. Even today, I'm much more interested in them as individuals than I am as part of a 'nuclear family' ...it's a great adventure getting to know this new little friend and learning who they will become.

None of that has to be for everyone and I get that people who choose not to have kids can tend to be harrassed (by family particularly) for that decision. Punishing every child and prent on the planet for that is just childish though (ironically.) You will have to get on in the world among the odd crying baby or sticky toddler that's just life. You were loud an sticky and annoying once too, get over it.

Nemus

Expert Member
@zolly Did you end up going for the vasectomy?
Where did you go? What was the experience like?
Anyway else?

I'm booked for beginning of next month, and just wondering what the experiences have been...

zolly

Expert Member
Anyway else?

I'm booked for beginning of next month, and just wondering what the experiences have been...

Not yet. Waiting for my second Covid jab before opening up my bubble.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Anyway else?

Its really a non event. Drive there, go into theater, talk sht to the nurse for 10min whilst they snip you. Go to your ward, eat your bread and juice, get dressed then drive home.

Mow the lawn, have a beer and inform your partner or hand to get to work to drain your balls.

zolly

Expert Member
Its really a non event. Drive there, go into theater, talk sht to the nurse for 10min whilst they snip you. Go to your ward, eat your bread and juice, get dressed then drive home.

Mow the lawn, have a beer and inform your partner or hand to get to work to drain your balls.

Are you from Cape Town? If yes, do you have a recommendation/referral for who to go to?

Nemus

Expert Member
@zolly I had mine done yesterday.
Went in at 7, loads of paperwork, rolled into theatre as Patient #2.. Number #1 didnt rock up so a kiddy went ahead of me..
I also had a cyst removed same time, as well as prostate examination, so opted for general anesthetic.
The put the needle into my wrist area, injected some sterilized water (ice cold) and then the anesthetic.
They pull the tubes together to a central spot, make 1 incision and snip them, burn them shut and put them back.

40 minutes later i woke up in theatre recovery area, rolled into ward, had some water, coffee and sandwich.
Doc popped around and said all looks good, cheers..

I left at 11am, got home, took some lekke meds and got into bed.
Today, got up, had brekkie and now just chilling around the house. Doc suggested i dont stay on my feet for more than 10 minutes at a time for first 48 hours, so abiding but honestly, i feel perfectly normal. Might even have a sit down braai and beer later.

Sucky part.. is no funky business for 5 days.