Looking for Anime Fans

wizardofid

Executive Member
Started with the devil is a part timer, yip, yip looks like it will be an awesome show.The source I found includes Japanese and English dub as well as sub's, and the English commentary track, nice will definitely watch with the commentary at some point should be fun.

wizardofid

Executive Member
Nearly done with the devil is a part timer. Well I feel it is a bit of a hit and a miss, not much character development can be had in 12- 13 short episodes. While a decent watch, it is way underdeveloped in plot and story, more episodes would have done it better justice.

Brenden_E

Expert Member
Nearly done with the devil is a part timer. Well I feel it is a bit of a hit and a miss, not much character development can be had in 12- 13 short episodes. While a decent watch, it is way underdeveloped in plot and story, more episodes would have done it better justice.
As I recall a season 2 is in the making. I would have loved to see more of the action in the previous realm before they came to earth.

wizardofid

Executive Member
Nice,food wars, is awesome, but whatever you do, do not watch it on a empty stomach. lol Gets a recommend from me.

wizardofid

Executive Member
Way way way way way way way way way, didn't expect I would enjoy foods wars so much, ended up binging 16 episodes, have the next two seasons lined up. Yay

wizardofid

Executive Member
Lol Season 3 of food wars ended on a cliff hangar, couldnt let that go, season 4 hasn't been dubbed yet, so was forced to watch sub's really wanted to know what is going to happened next.

While the reading subs and watching is quite annoying, surprisingly having watch quite a few anime in the last few weeks I some how picked up a few words in the process, wasn't all that annoying, reading and watching actually takes a few episodes to get use to, generally the subs do stay on screen longer enough but you still need to speed a read a bit with long dialogues.I really enjoyed the show, so watching with subs in this case is the only exception I make if the show is worth it and there are no dubs, and isn't a particular hard show to follow.

Season 5 is still airing so will be awhile before a dub is out for that as well, season 4 ended tying up all plots, so In can wait till it is done will watch season 4 again when the finally make a dub for it, apparently this show takes quite a while to do dubs.

Watched a bit of the first episode of full mental panic, the animation style is different, compared to the more recent shows so will take some time to get use to the 2000's anime art style.

Last edited:

wizardofid

Executive Member
Struggling with full metal panic :(. Giving it some breathing room, still have 38 episodes of soul eater left, 18 on gurren lagann and 24 of samurai champloo, which I am also having a hard time with.

Still haven't touched tokko, devil may cry, and tenchi muyo, with maybe the exception of devil may cry the other two isn't exactly strong shows. You going to replenish with new shows next month.Next month I want to tackle fairy tail, which is massive series.

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
Dubbed, but that's the only way to go if you are interested in berserk redux project

BERSERK REDUX

Fan-edits are a re-interpretation of cultural work through editing to create new interpretations, often by adding, removing, or reordering media.

Created by /u/mightyDOOMgiver, the Berserk Redux fan-edit combines the 1997 anime, the Golden Age movie trilogy, the 2016 & 2017 animes, and the Musou game to create a single blended adaptation that is more faithful to the manga while keeping a cinematic experience. In each previous adaptation, the original media often omitted plot and character that another adaptation fulfilled. This fan-edit fixes these omissions and creates a continuous adaptation of Berserk's narrative.

Certain sequences and characters are unavailable on any media outside the manga, and Kentaro Miura's original artwork is the most detailed version. Don’t consider Berserk Redux a replacement for either the excellent manga, nor any of the original media included, all of which has it's own unique tone and personality. Berserk Redux project is freely available, is not for sale or profit. It is done by a fan, for the fans. We ask that you own a copy of the official DVDs before viewing.

Special thanks to Studio Taka for audio enhancements, music, sound effect replacement, and redubbing mistranslated lines. They helped create brand new scenes from scratch and extend others. Without their help, this series couldn't be as comprehensive as it is.

(vimeo links to the videos on page from reddit link)

kolaval

Expert Member
You should add ergo proxy to your list.
Also I've not seen you mention any films
Akira and the original ghost in the shell are a must.

wizardofid

Executive Member
You should add ergo proxy to your list.
Also I've not seen you mention any films
Akira and the original ghost in the shell are a must.
Lol watched a few a couple of weeks back.Incomplete list.
A silent voice
Colorful
kiki's delivery service
escoflowne
grave of the fireflies
the girl who leapt through time
fireworks
5cm per second
garden of words
beyond the boundary
bleach movies
fairy tail movies
okono's inn
hal
Children who chase lost voices
your name
I want to eat you pancreas
The place I promised in our early days
Princess mononoke
Time of eve

Movies are a mix bag, there really aren't that many that are worthwhile, it isn't as engaging as a series, which allows for far better story and character development. If you think I get picky with a series, then you should see me with movies.

Series all the way.

Brenden_E

Expert Member
Lol watched a few a couple of weeks back.Incomplete list.
A silent voice
Colorful
kiki's delivery service
escoflowne
grave of the fireflies
the girl who leapt through time
fireworks
5cm per second
garden of words
beyond the boundary
bleach movies
fairy tail movies
okono's inn
hal
Children who chase lost voices
your name
I want to eat you pancreas
The place I promised in our early days
Princess mononoke
Time of eve

Movies are a mix bag, there really aren't that many that are worthwhile, it isn't as engaging as a series, which allows for far better story and character development. If you think I get picky with a series, then you should see me with movies.

Series all the way.
Your name is one of the best movies I've ever watched. Weathering with you is another one that is out and apparently good.

Howl's moving castle?