Looking for help from seasoned travellers.

Sepeng

Expert Member
Most Schengen places can seem intimidating to deal with, but the approval process is normally slick.
Money to cover your costs is more important than income I reckon, return flights and a letter from your work saying they expect you back and you're mostly sorted.. You'd only need a letter from a friend if you're going to stay with them, else pre-booked accommodation with the option to cancel later will be fine. Oh and medical insurance. Basically they just wanna see, can you pay for yourself while there, and will you leave. So long as you can demonstrate that you should be good to go.

TofuMofu

Honorary Master
You can go to Istanbul "visa free" (apply online). It's cheap and there's a hell of a lot to see and do. One of the best destinations I've been to and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Also Thailand is very cheap and visa free and you can have a city holiday and a beach holiday in the same country (local flights are cheap).

Last edited:

MaisonP

Many Asian countries now actually started offering Digital nomad visa's. Most of these countries are within the SE Asia side but well worth it. Also cost of living is great and if you earn in rands, it still gets you a loong way.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
Gambling = Bitcoin
Its only gambling if you are a trader. Miners like me are cool, and no one who has held bitcoin for over 3 years has sold at a loss. If you are a day trader, thats a gamble, if you have a 5-10 year or more plan, you are fine.

MaisonP

I'd say we're two streets away from unemployed and broke(is that even a saying?). We just don't have fancy high paying jobs.
I can give you an estimate of monthly cost and what i believe you will need to survive in Asia.

But yes, you will need some capital to cover your plane tickets, etc etc etc.

RandomGeek

Expert Member
I'd say we're two streets away from unemployed and broke(is that even a saying?). We just don't have fancy high paying jobs.
I see you mention Europe - they will typically require proof of a Euro-per-day number to cover your expenses. Also medical insurance and then the return plane tickets. So long as you have that as well as a solid job I think you will be OK, you don't need to be a multi-billionaire to travel.

Add: double Covid vac seems like its also becoming a necessity to travel

animal531

Expert Member
If you're young backpacking is still a thing. As long as you have your vaccine proof then you should be ok to go (the only problem being that arrival in some places might place you in quarantine, depending on where you arrived from).

saor

Honorary Master
We haven't decided yet as we are still in the planning phase, but definitely one of the European countries. We're aware that of the requirements and documentation needed.
Hong Kong - no visa needed. Ja I know it's not Europe :).