Looking for invoicing and statement program

chrisc

Executive Member
A small business employing 3 people with under R1m annual turnover is looking for a program that will:

• Generate invoices which can be emailed to customers
  • Keep the customer list in a database
  • Generate statements that reflect payments and ageing

Hitherto, a Linux based system based on Python was used. The hard disc in the computer failed. Although there is a backup, it won't run on a new HDD

The fellow who wrote this died from covid in January

I looked at some Excel-based packages, not bad but would appreciate some suggestions

The cost is a primary consideration

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
A small business employing 3 people with under R1m annual turnover is looking for a program that will:

Hitherto, a Linux based system based on Python was used. The hard disc in the computer failed. Although there is a backup, it won't run on a new HDD

I looked at some Excel-based packages, not bad but would appreciate some suggestions

Any stationery store sell em. Carbon copies included.

Ianf1

Expert Member
Manger.io download the free program it even imports bank statements

neo_

Freshbooks? Tad more expensive than Zoho and Quickbooks, but seems to be quite feature complete. I currently use the Zoho free tier for my side work – the paid option would likely better fit your needs. Xero is also great, but likely a bit over the top from a pricing standpoint.

I still don't undersand how people can use this software. Its UI is the most bloated/dated I've ever seen. And that website… :confused:

chrisc

Executive Member
Thank you

Turbocash is really complicated
Have looked at Manager.io but its not invoicing, it is journals and accounting

Busy trying Express Invoicing from NCH software

But don't let that hold you up for suggesting further programs

HibiscusTunes

Expert Member

If I weren't in the final stages of moving overseas, I would offer to reverse engineer the 'copy protection/licensing', but my availability would probably mean it would be useless to you when I get to it.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I assume they want something as free as possible.

retromodcoza

Don't give up on the backup just yet. Do you want to send the backup to someone (even me) to see if they can deploy it? There are a lot of emulators and virtualization options to try and bring it up if its compatible.

If you tell us what format the backup is in we might be able to help. Learning a new system takes a LOT of resources and its much better to use what has always been used in most cases.

Ianf1

Expert Member
I use Manager for invoicing as well as accounting and it works for me. Just look at the guides.