Looking for small business clients for my freelance web development business

xoneSoft

Hi, I am looking for small business clients for my freelance web development business. I am based in Cape Town. I've been building WordPress websites for around 5 years and Nodejs, Meteor for around 14 months.

So I am a full-stack javascript developer that can build custom web apps, hybrid mobile apps (with good UX), as well as WordPress websites. Pricing is negotiable as I am trying to build up my portfolio, but I'm not a noob by any means.

I can also offer value-added services such as SEO & Google AdWords.

Please email me at: chris@xonesoftware.com

Thanks!

FarligOpptreden

Executive Member
When you crack that nut, be sure to share the secret. Been running a smallish dev shop for 2.5 years now and still struggling to find small business clients. 90% of my work comes from corporate outsourcing through channels and networks I've built up over the years.

gfmalan

Expert Member
Hi, I am looking for small business clients for my freelance web development business. I am based in Cape Town. I've been building WordPress websites for around 5 years and Nodejs, Meteor for around 14 months.

So I am a full-stack javascript developer that can build custom web apps, hybrid mobile apps (with good UX), as well as WordPress websites. Pricing is negotiable as I am trying to build up my portfolio, but I'm not a noob by any means.

Thanks!

Your website... not keeping my attention.
Wanted to talk business, but no. Will drop you a mail

xoneSoft

Hi, yes it is hard. SA businesses don't seem to care much about good UX/UI. It's frustrating, especially if you're keeping up with the latest developments/trends in the US.

When you crack that nut, be sure to share the secret. Been running a smallish dev shop for 2.5 years now and still struggling to find small business clients. 90% of my work comes from corporate outsourcing through channels and networks I've built up over the years.

Idiosyncratic

Expert Member
Hi, yes it is hard. SA businesses don't seem to care much about good UX/UI. It's frustrating, especially if you're keeping up with the latest developments/trends in the US.

...and your own website is perfectly up to date with the latest trends?

Purply

Expert Member
I'm sorry, but that is a very bad looking website.

Maybe concentrate on your website first before moving forward.

Thor

Honorary Master
Sorry for the criticism, but I liked the website until:

You lie on your site just to rank.

Which one are you?

https://xonesoftware.com/website-design-company-franschhoek/

https://xonesoftware.com/website-design-company-stellenbosch/

The copy paste continues
954b875f66d4527ae20e1873ebca4754.jpg

You also dont rank for your company name on the first 3 pages of Google so the SEO bit might need to be left out.

^^vampire^^

Expert Member
The website is generic and lacks anything out of the blue - I managed to design a better Joomla template in 10 mins when I ran my business.

The colour scheme shows someone who has never seen a simple colour wheel or understanding of what complementary colours are. There are links to things that mean nothing to anyone. No description or prices, no portfolio, no packages, no custom development option no nothing.

This is the equivalent of offering top notch software development (without the top notch software development skills) by standing by a traffic light in a suit and not approaching anyone or holding a sign so no one knows what the hell you are doing there, and the one guy that is selling cokes asks what you are doing gets you spouting off about technical terms and has no idea what you are jibber jabbering about.

You have basically missed every single mark too attract customers. Your website should be head and shoulders better than anything you even get paid to deliver. How can you have great UX skills etc when your own site looks like that?

reactor_sa

Executive Member
Um, your website looks like you offer clients a "template based website" (copy paste) at best/if they lucky. Not professional at all...

Website developers are 12 a dozen, I can do one for you too.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
On the other hand: Welcome to MyCriticismBand! Enjoy your stay :)

Purply

Expert Member
This is not school, here we don't sugar coat things by saying positive things to people that clearly have no understanding of what they trying to achieve.

Positive reinforcement is so 2010

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
This is not school, here we don't sugar coat things by saying positive things to people that clearly have no understanding of what they trying to achieve.

Positive reinforcement is so 2010

Nobody ask for positive reinforcement.

^^vampire^^

Expert Member

Thanks!

The problem that comes in here is that he states some things bolded above (looks like basically bolded everything actually) that are obviously the contrary looking at his site.

Building wordpress sites and playing with a few JS libraries does not make you a full stack anything.
Custom web apps but has an extremely generic website template.
Site has a terrible user experience
Shows a complete noob approach in both development and business sense
Someone has already shown the value of their SEO

Everyone nowadays watches one youtube video and mucks around with some wordpress and all of a sudden they are full stack developers. I would be willing to bet most people don't even know what full stack means anymore and everyone just throws the buzz words in to get more work.