Looking for small business clients for my freelance web development business

xoneSoft

The problem that comes in here is that he states some things bolded above (looks like basically bolded everything actually) that are obviously the contrary looking at his site.

Building wordpress sites and playing with a few JS libraries does not make you a full stack anything.
Custom web apps but has an extremely generic website template.
Site has a terrible user experience
Shows a complete noob approach in both development and business sense
Someone has already shown the value of their SEO

Everyone nowadays watches one youtube video and mucks around with some wordpress and all of a sudden they are full stack developers. I would be willing to bet most people don't even know what full stack means anymore and everyone just throws the buzz words in to get more work.

Hi terrible person ^^vampire^^.

Actually I havent touched WordPress in more than a year. But am now entering the space again due to the ability to connect WordPress & NodeJS.

My website is 100% custom, although it is still in development so there are many things about it that are not complete. The latest version is still on my dev machine and have a bit of work to do to get it 100% complete and deployed. But I have other more pressing matters to attend to so that is on the back burner for now.

For your information, Full-Stack Javascript development means a combination of Frontend Development (the visual aspect of the app) as well as backend logic, database queries & manipulation, creating REST API's, fetching data from external REST API's etc.

I hope today you have found something to be happy about because your vibe smells.

Last edited:

xoneSoft

The website is generic and lacks anything out of the blue - I managed to design a better Joomla template in 10 mins when I ran my business.

The colour scheme shows someone who has never seen a simple colour wheel or understanding of what complementary colours are. There are links to things that mean nothing to anyone. No description or prices, no portfolio, no packages, no custom development option no nothing.

This is the equivalent of offering top notch software development (without the top notch software development skills) by standing by a traffic light in a suit and not approaching anyone or holding a sign so no one knows what the hell you are doing there, and the one guy that is selling cokes asks what you are doing gets you spouting off about technical terms and has no idea what you are jibber jabbering about.

You have basically missed every single mark too attract customers. Your website should be head and shoulders better than anything you even get paid to deliver. How can you have great UX skills etc when your own site looks like that?

Update coming soon. BTW colours are subjective so what looks good to you is up to your own preference.

And with regards to SEO, I am by no means an SEO expert and those links you are looking at are simply an attempt to create a NET that spans many geographical regions, to find clients.

Its called hustling.

Have a nice day.

xoneSoft

Sorry for the criticism, but I liked the website until:

You lie on your site just to rank.

Which one are you?

https://xonesoftware.com/website-design-company-franschhoek/

https://xonesoftware.com/website-design-company-stellenbosch/

The copy paste continues
954b875f66d4527ae20e1873ebca4754.jpg

You also dont rank for your company name on the first 3 pages of Google so the SEO bit might need to be left out.

I am all of them. From Cape Town to Stellenbosh to New York.

xoneSoft

Um, your website looks like you offer clients a "template based website" (copy paste) at best/if they lucky. Not professional at all...

Website developers are 12 a dozen, I can do one for you too.

If a client wants a budget site done, I will use a template. But I use atomic css frameworks and create 100% custom UI's. I only use WordPress if a client wants it, my main focus is on NodeJs.

xoneSoft

...and your own website is perfectly up to date with the latest trends?

No, I agree there are many things wrong with the site which will be addressed in v2 such as:

minification
concatenation of scripts & styles
better content
removal of the links at the bottom (net hustle program)
slight colour update
etc

I am trying a new lib called RIOT, which is quite useful in that it allows to create re-usable components for static sites. The problem is it makes too many requests if the components are not concatenated so I had to create a webpack build process to do all that and will be active as soon as I can get the last 20% of the site done (which seems to be taking the longest).

If you or anyone else is interested in seeing work I have done (which was done for other companies and thus I cannot use it in my own commercial portfolio), please send me an email [ chris@xonesoftware.com ] and I will gladly show you apps I have created.

Purply

Expert Member
Please just post some websites you have done in the past, with your company logo or whatever at the bottom indicating that it was designed by yourself.

xoneSoft

v2 UI update (not live). I hope this pleases the myBB overlords.

5x4e91.jpg

Last edited:

xoneSoft

Please just post some websites you have done in the past, with your company logo or whatever at the bottom indicating that it was designed by yourself.

Ill put something together. But it wont have my company logo, since it was work done for other companies.

AntiThesis

Executive Member
MyBB: How to go from Keen and seeking help to sarcastic bastard in < 10 posts. :D

Don't worry about the MyBB Overlords, they're just giving their opinions and trying to help you focus your efforts so you get the most clients.

Incidentally, posting website screenshots or links for companies you've done work for is pretty much how anyone knows what you've done so...

edit: So... how do we know you made them? Incidentally, I have this awesome website that I made: www.google.com - it doesn't get much traffic but I like it.

xoneSoft

MyBB: How to go from Keen and seeking help to sarcastic bastard in < 10 posts. :D

Don't worry about the MyBB Overlords, they're just giving their opinions and trying to help you focus your efforts so you get the most clients.

Incidentally, posting website screenshots or links for companies you've done work for is pretty much how anyone knows what you've done so...

edit: So... how do we know you made them? Incidentally, I have this awesome website that I made: www.google.com - it doesn't get much traffic but I like it.

Noted, thanks.

^^vampire^^

Expert Member

Exactly this.

There is no point coming to a community and asking how to get clients and posting a sub-standard site, especially when you are starting out. The fact of the matter is that if you have no portfolio to show potential clients, your website needs to be your portfolio and if it does not look good then that is how your potential clients will perceive both you and your work.

When I started out I focused heavily on my own site, told people I don't have any sites yet, would they like one for a good fee. Once I had a couple of sites under my belt and started redoing my site I got to a point where I didn't need to bother with my own site as people just wanted to see what I had done before. I actually wound up having my company site just as a portfolio and would only show my contact details when I wanted to do work as there was too much coming in.