Looking of 2 x reel of FTP cable

swakop_toe

Come to think of it, if you connect the S and M strands it will result in a F strand.
So, FTP cable, done.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
shiz and here I have been doing FTP uploads on the wrong cable

but in seriousness you want foiled network cable? i.e cat5/6/6?

Speedster

Honorary Master
Use bad grammar on a tech forum, no problem. Make multiple spelling mistakes on a tech forum, no problem. Get the name of a cable wrong on a tech forum, Armageddon.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Use bad grammar on a tech forum, no problem. Make multiple spelling mistakes on a tech forum, no problem. Get the name of a cable wrong on a tech forum, Armageddon.
Go read that OP headline again and then tell me if it made ANY sense whatsoever? Technically or grammatically?

swakop_toe

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Thank you for the eduction.
Apologies for making fun of your OP title.
I am inclined to think you will have more success referring to it as Shielded CAT5/6, here is SA at least.
Would have to agree, never heard that acronym used describing cables, nearly always folks say shielded, flex etc.

That being said, it's likely your issue op, just search for shielded cable and most cable suppliers will have it.

Speedster

Honorary Master
Would have to agree, never heard that acronym used describing cables, nearly always folks say shielded, flex etc.

That being said, it's likely your issue op, just search for shielded cable and most cable suppliers will have it.
This is slightly different to shielded though in that each pair is shielded seperately. Not sure what the use case would be though?

Kosmik

Honorary Master
This is slightly different to shielded though in that each pair is shielded seperately. Not sure what the use case would be though?
No thats the SFTP where the individual pairs are shielded, STP as per that definition is standard shielded where all the pairs are sheathed in a shield.

Shielding the actual pairs would likely be a much thicker cable as that would raise the interferance in the pairs itself. Thats the only reason to shield the individual pairs: internal interferance in the cable.

Shielded cables are usefull when running cable in "noisy" electrical environments. Just don't be a @ss and run it in the power trunks to compensate.