Looking to buy Truck but not sure of size

oscarlets

Hi,

I need help deciding which truck to buy. I must deliver 13000 liters in the morning and 13000 afternoon, using 2 Jojo horizontal tanks

Can a 4 ton truck handle the load? Especially Tata 4 ton truck?

Can I drive the 4 ton truck with my code 10 license without pdp?

Please advice.

Grubscrew

Expert Member
Short answer is no and no.

You will need at least a 16t truck. Your code 10 won't work, probably need code 14 or what ever the corosponding code is these days. And you will need a pdp

oscarlets

You will need at least a 16t truck. Your code 10 won't work, probably need code 14 or what ever the corosponding code is these days. And you will need a pdp

Er! There goes my hopes. Thanks. Er! 16ton is way outside my budget and qualifications.

Er!:(

oscarlets

So water is that heavy hey..ja neh.

KhoisanX

Expert Member
You should do some more research, there are high dynamic loads involved in transporting liquids,

oscarlets

You should do some more research, there are high dynamic loads involved in transporting liquids,

True. But I have decided to go with the 4 ton truck and 3500 litres tank. I can go 4 times. I can still save alot of money from the current deal I have with truck owner delivering on my behalf.