Loot.co.za Trustworthy?

JOEY_8

This Monday I ordered one of the daily deals which was in stock. On Wednesday I saw it was still showing as Processing, so I sent them a tweet and they told me it'll be shipped soon, and I then received it this morning.

Loot are usually very quick, and I usually receive the item within a day. Maybe they ran out of stock of the item you ordered, but only they would know. If you still can't get it sorted, try sending them a tweet because they are usually quite responsive there.

ponder

Honorary Master
Sorry. Yes wrong place for a rant just getting nowhere in terms of resolution, item is a large appliance listed as instock dispatch was due by 03/01/20. (Public holidays ect)

Well if you placed your order in 2010 and still have not received it then it would be safe to say you will never receive it...

theresedk

This is not the place to rant so - so i will keep it simple - its a stern "NO" for me, should you place an order and it does not work out (its a gamble every time, some times you win and some times you loose), but should you be on the loosing team, here is your heads up with what you are going to deal with 1. they don't ever call you back, or email or anything 2. they don't telephonically communicate with their suppliers so should their suppliers never reply to the countless emails, there is just nothing you can do, its been two weeks and they still waiting for supplier to email them back 3. When you do cancel your order, it gets credited to your loot account (after experiencing a crap service why on earth would you want to spend it on any other loot items), you do have the option to cash it out, but it will take 5 working days "i hope", but looking at the response rate to my emails i can tell you now that it will most definitely not be 5 days and well yes 4. The frustration of ordering something that you need urgently (imagine if this was a birthday gift) and then just sitting around in limbo.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Ordered some stuff that was in stock. Took 2 weeks to deliver to the Clicks branch I wanted it to be delivered too. It spent a week in processing state...all the while I was under the impression my goods were in stock.

Amazon is actually faster at times.

VooDooC

Expert Member
Ordered a new TV from them on Monday afternoon, it's out for delivery today by the local fedex courier and should arrive later today. Never had any issues from them, ordered a couple of things from them in the past as well no issue.

Lee31

Placed an order on 2 May, delivery was supposed to be around 19 May, then delayed to 14 - 18 June. No communication from them, in fact the website and App still show delivery to be 14 - 18 June.

I've ordered items from them previously which went well, seems service has gone down the drain.

jvk

Expert Member
I ordered a medium size appliance last week, got it delivered the next day
the rest of the items off the same order (smaller stuff) got delivered a few days later.

Never had an issue with Loot, in fact they now my first choice not takealot
they are having some big sale on at the moment so maybe that's the reason for the current delays, well that and the current situation with covid

RedViking

Nord of the South
Just ordered two books. Lets see .
I've probably posted before, but with lockdown last year they screwed up big time in after sales support. But the conditions were not normal. If their service levels are back to Pre-LOCKDOWN-20. I won't mind using them again.

CataclysmZA

Executive Member
Keep in mind that Loot, as part of Surve's group of businesses, is also affected by the banking restrictions that have been placed on the rest of Independent Media. They may be forced to close at any moment.

Kornhole

Blackburn Fan
I've probably posted before, but with lockdown last year they screwed up big time in after sales support. But the conditions were not normal. If their service levels are back to Pre-LOCKDOWN-20. I won't mind using them again.
Received my order (maybe a week later than expected but I am happy). I just used loot because they were cheaper than takealot (who didn't have stock anyway + Exclusive books didn't have it by me).

Virex

Can't say I think much of Loot. Loot is great with their selection of products. But pray that you don't need them for customer service. Because that does not exist.

I placed 2 orders shortly after each other last week because the delivery times was a lot less on one of the items. 1st order went through fine. Second order said : "Pending Awaiting - Review". Though the funds were deducted. Phoned them and said it might be an error on their side. They cancelled the order and said those funds will reflect the next day in my account. So now the funds for that order is still stuck in my bank account under "UNPROCESSED TRANSACTION". Phoned Loot numerous times for assistance. No one gets back to me and all kinds of stories. My bank says that Loot needs to send them proof that the order is cancelled and they can add the "UNPROCESSED TRANSACTION" back to my normal funds.

So far my bank and Loot has been unhelpful. And a week later and I still have those funds in "unprocessed transactions," My bank can reverse it but it will cost me 80 rand. Why should I pay for Loot's **** up .