Looters grab big-screen TVs as trucks attacked on N1 highway

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
Soon all truck transport in Mzanzi will be like:

:ROFL:

Cue: Guns n Roses - Welcome to the Jungle...

Francois Marais

The length some of the transport companies are going is scary! Did a project for a company and man oh man, it was hectic. These guys are so far ahead to stop the trucks. Jam all signals that could contact the control station and the go on to loot the truck. We had to try and get a communication system that was difficult to block or so new that there was no way to block it. Even had to be a small size for they know what to look for.

thechamp

Honorary Master
The length some of the transport companies are going is scary! Did a project for a company and man oh man, it was hectic. These guys are so far ahead to stop the trucks. Jam all signals that could contact the control station and the go on to loot the truck. We had to try and get a communication system that was difficult to block or so new that there was no way to block it. Even had to be a small size for they know what to look for.
That sounds too complicated for the random looters, I am sure syndicates who rob trucks and these looting types are two different things.

genetic

Honorary Master
That sounds too complicated for the random looters, I am sure syndicates who rob trucks and these looting types are two different things.
This.

Protest action - truck - loot. That's not syndicate expertise, but pure barbarism.

Suspect99

Executive Member
Any updates on the situation? I have a team that wants to drive through that area tomorrow afternoon. The alternative route is a big detour

genetic

Honorary Master
Any updates on the situation? I have a team that wants to drive through that area tomorrow afternoon. The alternative route is a big detour
Google Maps shows the route open now, whereas it showed closed earlier today.

R13...

Honorary Master
Seeing as they won't move the squatter camps from near the highways how about just building a barrier. One they can't break through.

genetic

Honorary Master
Seeing as they won't move the squatter camps from near the highways how about just building a barrier. One they can't break through.
They did that on the N2 in cape town, and they still manage to break holes in the barrier

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
Actually not a huge detour if you swing through De Doorns , not many people aware that they can.

The Squatter camp lies just before the bend below the N1 sign on the map, so you can turn into De Doorns and bypass the trouble, then reconnect to the N1, there is also another earlier turn off as you enter the Hex River Valley from the Cape Town side, that will connect you to De Doorns as well and you can then reconnect to The N1.